Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
lotsofbull99

Evan Williams Black Label is the best...

On 9/5/2018 at 11:54 PM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Another good cheap bourbon is Very Old Barton, especially the 100 proof BIB @ $12, but I doubt you’ll find in Florida.  VOB 86 proof goes for $9, and the 80 proof at $7

After re-reading this after Swamprats update, I believe when taking one of the tours or in a bar in L'ville last month we were told that VOB is a great deal.  Still haven't tried it but will be on the lookout for it.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, CousinRicky said:

After re-reading this after Swamprats update, I believe when taking one of the tours or in a bar in L'ville last month we were told that VOB is a great deal.  Still haven't tried it but will be on the lookout for it.

High end bourbons are mostly for suckers.

I sampled several bourbons I had not tried, last night at a friend's home up here in Kentucky. Russell Reserve 10 Year Small Batch was one of them. Very good (or the others were really bad and that just stood out :)). We are taking the distillery tours on Friday. Wild Turkey makes Russell, so I'll see what they have available in the gift shop. RR10SB is only $32, at Krogers. 

23 hours ago, swamprat said:

I sampled several bourbons I had not tried, last night at a friend's home up here in Kentucky. Russell Reserve 10 Year Small Batch was one of them. Very good (or the others were really bad and that just stood out :)). We are taking the distillery tours on Friday. Wild Turkey makes Russell, so I'll see what they have available in the gift shop. RR10SB is only $32, at Krogers. 

Always keep Russells Reserve around.  That is about the same price point as this area.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, swamprat said:

I bought some for a friend last week in Louisville...it was $25.99 (last year it was $20.18) and the single barrel was $55.99.   My favorite pour from WT is Rare Breed.

We are heading to Bardstown tomorrow.  

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

20 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I bought some for a friend last week in Louisville...it was $25.99 (last year it was $20.18) and the single barrel was $55.99.   My favorite pour from WT is Rare Breed.

We are heading to Bardstown tomorrow.  

Single Barrel was $39.99 at Wild Turkey. The sample at the end of the tour included Longbranch, WT101, Russel SB 10yr, and their Rye. I like the Longbranch. 

Last Thursday evening, we went to a little bourbon bistro called the Purple Poulet in Dayton, Ky. They offered flights, so I tried one called "Neighborhood Hooch" which featured bourbons distilled local to the area. It included Riff's OKI, Boone County Eighteen 33, and George Remus.

It's too bad OKI is no longer being produced. It was the best of that bunch. Really good. The Eighteen 33 was OK.  I didn't like George Remus at all. Hardly any taste, compared to the others, and what there was, wasn't very good. To me anyway.

I'd been out of Double Oaked for quite a while and during the Woodford tasting I was reminded how much I like it. Obviously, I picked up an new bottle. 

On 5/19/2019 at 7:55 PM, swamprat said:

Single Barrel was $39.99 at Wild Turkey. The sample at the end of the tour included Longbranch, WT101, Russel SB 10yr, and their Rye. I like the Longbranch. 

The Longbranch is pretty good.  My bottle went relatively quickly.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, CousinRicky said:

The Longbranch is pretty good.  My bottle went relatively quickly.

I added a bottle to my collection when it first came about, but haven’t opened it.  Had some at a BBQ/Bourbon tasting the other night in Bardstown...it was pretty good, but IMO a bit over-priced for an 86 Proof pour.

I acquired what I can describe as the best bourbon bottle ever...something your wife would love.   Double Eagle Very Rare!   Probably display it behind the bar for a few years, and then make a killing selling it on the secondary market.

Sign in to follow this