• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Annual Report

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

Tampa was, and could have returned to being, a great college town, with NHL hockey added in...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Tampa was, and could have returned to being, a great college town, with NHL hockey added in...

Tampa Stadium was built to attract an NFL team and it did. I'm just saying no Tampa Stadium, I'm not so sure USF has football ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Tampa Stadium was built to attract an NFL team and it did. I'm just saying no Tampa Stadium, I'm not so sure USF has football ...

I don't think that's true. IIRC, it was UT's stadium initially. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

This has probably been said...Now how cool is that? What a nice quality publication. That should perk up the folks who have been in the pre-season slumps. 

Now if you tell me that this has been an on-going annual publication and this is the first one I received..I'm going to be pissed but for now, I'm flush with Bull Pride.

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Tampa has always had a quirky fan base. It's been debated for decades. I go back to the season tickets John McKay days we had a ball even though we weren't winning. Rowdies would pack them in. Bandits even put a decent crowd in but, sad thing was...have the Bucs play Detroit, Minnesota, etc. All the transplanted snowbirds filled the stadium to watch "Their" team play. Go figure. Possibly it's something in the water???  It strikes me odd that folks(who enjoy competitive sports) residing in a community that has a winning, nationally recognized university don't come out and be a part of it. Here in Pensacola the University of West Florida is going into their third year of D2 football. were going to watch and cheer for the home team hell, it's football! And they play a good fun brand of football. The community is all over it and supportive. I imagine their facilities a stadium, etc will appear sooner rather than later. Of course, we will wear USF shirts to the games. Trolling.

As for fan base in Tampa? hard to say. Growing up in Sarasota we had a large population of fuss farts and wealthy whiners move in over the decades maybe it's just larger due to folks not being able to alter their early allegiance?? I take my hat off to the 25-30,000 of you that show up for home games on a regular basis. I'm sure many of us who live away from the Tampa area and only hit a couple away games and a home game per season...I(we) say thanks to all you locals that go physically to support our Team. And yes, sweat your butts off.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't think that's true. IIRC, it was UT's stadium initially. 

It was built to attract an NFL team with UT football being the first tenant ...

By the early 1960s, Tampa's civic leaders were interested in attracting a National Football League team to the area. Several well-attended NFL exhibition games were held at Phillips Field near downtown, but the venue was too small to support a professional football franchise. So with the encouragement of NFL officials, the city decided to build a larger facility which could be used by the University of Tampa's football team in the short term and could be expanded for use by a theoretical pro team in the future.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

Is there USF football without the Bucs and Tampa Stadium ... let that sit there for a moment.

A better way to ask the question is: "Would there be USF Football without John Allen?"

And the answer would be: "Yes, from day one."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

It was built to attract an NFL team with UT football being the first tenant ...

By the early 1960s, Tampa's civic leaders were interested in attracting a National Football League team to the area. Several well-attended NFL exhibition games were held at Phillips Field near downtown, but the venue was too small to support a professional football franchise. So with the encouragement of NFL officials, the city decided to build a larger facility which could be used by the University of Tampa's football team in the short term and could be expanded for use by a theoretical pro team in the future.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

A better way to ask the question is: "Would there be USF Football without John Allen?"

And the answer would be: "Yes, from day one."

Unforgivable what that man did...talk about zero foresight...

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

A lot of people will need to die before JL has his name on anything USF related...

Unless CJL uses some of his big time coaching $$ and buys his way back into the hearts of those who despise him...?  $300k gets him CJL walkway to the practice field??