• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Phi Beta Kappa Off Topic

puc86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bausfkid said:

Upgrade your friends.

Kind of late in life for that, the thought of making a new friend sounds exhausting. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, puc86 said:

Kind of late in life for that, the thought of making a new friend sounds exhausting. 

pucmiester, I'm guessing your in your 50's? Man, a good decade for sure to enjoy. Not late in life yet. 60's-70's things start to wear out and break and after market parts need to be found and installed. Friends or at least ok, bearable acquaintances are out there. When we were young we weren't as discriminating so we hung with idiots that we called friends but they were fun. As we get older we try to avoid idiots and our tolerance level is much lower. Look how many up thoughts you received from your Fellow USF Folk during your time of BullsCrisis over the past two days. Ok, I'll leave you alone now.  

8 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

pucmiester, I'm guessing your in your 50's? Man, a good decade for sure to enjoy. Not late in life yet. 60's-70's things start to wear out and break and after market parts need to be found and installed. Friends or at least ok, bearable acquaintances are out there. When we were young we weren't as discriminating so we hung with idiots that we called friends but they were fun. As we get older we try to avoid idiots and our tolerance level is much lower. Look how many up thoughts you received from your Fellow USF Folk during your time of BullsCrisis over the past two days. Ok, I'll leave you alone now.  

You give me way too much credit, I am thirty seven. Do people really make new friends after 30? I feel life is settled and I am okay with that, where do grownups even go to make new friends?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You give me way too much credit, I am thirty seven. Do people really make new friends after 30? I feel life is settled and I am okay with that, where do grownups even go to make new friends?

Today is my birthday.  I've got you by a few years.  I give the same advice to anyone who listens. 

If your spouse and friends don't make your life easier move on. 

I've been truly blessed with a handful of outstanding friends and a wife that is epic in so many ways.  To my credit, I've cut many from the "friends" ranks over the years and my life is much, much better.

Go Bulls!

5 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Today is my birthday.  I've got you by a few years.  I give the same advice to anyone who listens. 

If your spouse and friends don't make your life easier move on. 

I've been truly blessed with a handful of outstanding friends and a wife that is epic in so many ways.  To my credit, I've cut many from the "friends" ranks over the years and my life is much, much better.

Go Bulls!

I feel that’s what I mostly have done, even if my friends don’t get around and discuss the recent academic success of our respective universities. Right now I feel I enjoy my time with my wife and our kids more than I do with anyone else. As such I spend much of my free time with them and I feel I don’t give enough time to current friends, so bringing on new people to not spend time with probably isn’t going to happen.  Oh, and happy birthday!

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

37!!!! **** Son, I've got underwear older than you....!  Oddly, prob a USF tshirt that is close except I wax the vehicles with it now. Ok, 37 sheds a different light on things. Now I'm reading your posts and it brings my nephew to mind he's 35. Periodically, he turns to me for hard handed guidance and an electronic ass kicking when he gets all down and out. Plus he just finished his BA at USF..finally but, fantastic. I listen to him until I can't any longer, as he goes through a litany of his life hurdles. Hard to make friends, can't find a woman, job sucks...no job is good??  You 30's guys need to realize how great you have it you should be on an upward spiral not down. Oh yeah, sorry about the 50's thing must be your font looks older?? So now that I know your just a youngster...get out and support your Team/University while your limber and hopefully in good health.  Enjoy it kid!   Go Bull's!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Actually we do. And many of our new friends are people we've met at USF sporting events. Swamprat, Ricky the Bull and Bdwyzr come to mind.  May not have known any of them 5 - 7 years ago.  

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Actually we do. And many of our new friends are people we've met at USF sporting events. Swamprat, Ricky the Bull and Bdwyzr come to mind.  May not have known any of them 5 - 7 years ago.  

I should have qualified that I feel like there will come a time in life where it seems more like a possibility but at this point I honestly don’t want to bring on unnecessary responsibilities, aka new friends. One day the kids will be gone, my wife and I will be long married and life will be more settled and I will consider giving some more time to people outside of my circle but right now I couldn’t imagine expanding that circle and cutting more time from people that I would rather focus on if I can.

15 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

37!!!! **** Son, I've got underwear older than you....!  Oddly, prob a USF tshirt that is close except I wax the vehicles with it now. Ok, 37 sheds a different light on things. Now I'm reading your posts and it brings my nephew to mind he's 35. Periodically, he turns to me for hard handed guidance and an electronic ass kicking when he gets all down and out. Plus he just finished his BA at USF..finally but, fantastic. I listen to him until I can't any longer, as he goes through a litany of his life hurdles. Hard to make friends, can't find a woman, job sucks...no job is good??  You 30's guys need to realize how great you have it you should be on an upward spiral not down. Oh yeah, sorry about the 50's thing must be your font looks older?? So now that I know your just a youngster...get out and support your Team/University while your limber and hopefully in good health.  Enjoy it kid!   Go Bull's!

Thanks Dad 😂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Go to your local playground and just hang back and watch. Maybe bring some candy to hand out to some of the kids who’s parents you think might make good friends. Do not strike up a conversation with any of the adults. Remember, you want to seem mysterious and exciting.

• Haha 1