• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Usf v UCF 2017. Replaying on ESPNU now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Still a great game 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Do we kick it deep into the endzone this time?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Maybe make it a double and add 2007 Rutgers for your viewing pleasure..... with the Sun Bowl as a chaser.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Triple B said:

Maybe make it a double and add 2007 Rutgers for your viewing pleasure..... with the Sun Bowl as a chaser.

Give me a really bad bottle of bourbon to drink with it and that could add up to one the worst days in my life.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That’s quite the trifecta. The first two are pretty heart breaking and the final one has no enjoyable moments that I can remember.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, puc86 said:
1 hour ago, Triple B said:

That’s quite the trifecta. The first two are pretty heart breaking and the final one has no enjoyable moments that I can remember. 

We kicked their butts in the band contest!!!

3 minutes ago, charsibb said:

We kicked their butts in the band contest!!!

Take that Ducks!!!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Give me a really bad bottle of bourbon to drink with it and that could add up to one the worst days in my life.

I got a quick Sun Bowl story, but I have to tell a quick XFL story to get to my Sun Bowl story. 

Tom Veit was the GM of the Orlando Rage. Tom is a USF guy, grad, worked for Athletics and for companies that partnered with Athletics over the years. Tom invited a group of us to come to a Rage game and we were in a press box turned luxury suite. The windows couldn't open, so we saw the game and we heard the sound system, but we couldn't really hear the crowd. (it was a good crowd, lower bowl packed, by the way). Somewhere in the third quarter, I stood up to look at the crowd below me and just then realized that they weren't watching the game, they seemed to be entertaining themselves by throwing into the air anything they could. It was a sea of flying trash below us. Basically, those fans were there to have a good time, drink and entertain themselves. (I watched a guy punch out a car window to pull a guy out of a car to beat him up in the parking lot after the game and I saw another guy run onto OBT and stop a random car and jump in to escape the people chasing him .... good times)

Now the Sun Bowl. Lets say there was 50K people there, just guessing. That would be 2,000 or so USF fans. 2,000 or so Oregon fans and about 46,000 of those XFL fans who didn't care about the game as they were just there to entertain themselves. Those two games (plus some arena football games) were the only times I don't think most of the crowd leaving the stadium even know who was playing or who won. I saw an El Paso native spend the $5 or so on a game program so he could make 120 paper airplanes and try to get one on the field of play. 

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Now you are thinking.  

6 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I got a quick Sun Bowl story, but I have to tell a quick XFL story to get to my Sun Bowl story. 

Tom Veit was the GM of the Orlando Rage. Tom is a USF guy, grad, worked for Athletics and for companies that partnered with Athletics over the years. Tom invited a group of us to come to a Rage game and we were in a press box turned luxury suite. The windows couldn't open, so we saw the game and we heard the sound system, but we couldn't really hear the crowd. (it was a good crowd, lower bowl packed, by the way). Somewhere in the third quarter, I stood up to look at the crowd below me and just then realized that they weren't watching the game, they seemed to be entertaining themselves by throwing into the air anything they could. It was a sea of flying trash below us. Basically, those fans were there to have a good time, drink and entertain themselves. (I watched a guy punch out a car window to pull a guy out of a car to beat him up in the parking lot after the game and I saw another guy run onto OBT and stop a random car and jump in to escape the people chasing him .... good times)

Now the Sun Bowl. Lets say there was 50K people there, just guessing. That would be 2,000 or so USF fans. 2,000 or so Oregon fans and about 46,000 of those XFL fans who didn't care about the game as they were just there to entertain themselves. Those two games (plus some arena football games) were the only times I don't think most of the crowd leaving the stadium even know who was playing or who won. I saw an El Paso native spend the $5 or so on a game program so he could make 120 paper airplanes and try to get one on the field of play. 

Well did he make it? I would hate to think his $5 wasn’t well spent.