• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Luke Fickel... Just as guilty as Urban?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

22 minutes ago, MMW said:

Is someone making the argument that Urban's wife received a text message like that and did not share it with Urban?  

I go to movies when I want to suspend disbelief to that level.  Personally, I am not sure how much responsibility Urban has in this situation but it was likely in his contract.  The stuff that happened at Penn state and the way people knew about what was going on and did nothing has driven a lot of this.

He is getting paid a lot of money, he has a lot of power and he is one of the most visible faces of the university.   With that comes certain responsibility I suppose and they are innumerated in his contract.   

Puc just asked who was supposed to know and has mentioned things about tall fences making great neighbors or something to that effect.  Others in here are implying title 9 overreach etc.  There appear to be some in here walking right up to the ledge of "Urban didn't know/It was none of his business" or "This is all SJW overreaction" but not quite jumping off of it.  Puc asked for clarification and he got it.  

The facts are that the state of Ohio's highest paid employee knew a member of his staff was abusing their spouse and did nothing.  If I was a tax payer I wouldn't want any of my tax dollars going towards that kind of behavior.  I'd be even angrier if I was an tOSU alum that this person was representing my university.   No woman's safety should be jeopardized so I can have some entertainment on the weekends and watch my team win.  If you transposed CCS or any other USF coach into this situation I would want them fired too, I don't care how many titles they brought/will bring USF.  It's not worth our humanity.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Puc just asked who was supposed to know and has mentioned things about tall fences making great neighbors or something to that effect.  Others in here are implying title 9 overreach etc.  There appear to be some in here walking right up to the ledge of "Urban didn't know/It was none of his business" or "This is all SJW overreaction" but not quite jumping off of it.  Puc asked for clarification and he got it.  

The facts are that the state of Ohio's highest paid employee knew a member of his staff was abusing their spouse and did nothing.  If I was a tax payer I wouldn't want any of my tax dollars going towards that kind of behavior.  I'd be even angrier if I was an tOSU alum that this person was representing my university.   No woman's safety should be jeopardized so I can have some entertainment on the weekends and watch my team win.  If you transposed CCS or any other USF coach into this situation I would want them fired too, I don't care how many titles they brought/will bring USF.  It's not worth our humanity.  

And it sounds like Meyer informed his boss the athletic director because the AD had a discussion with the accused. 

18 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

And it sounds like Meyer informed his boss the athletic director because the AD had a discussion with the accused. 

Here's the complete Timeline for all of the events.  A guy who was doing what Smith did has no place being employed by tax payer dollars or being involved in turning young men into men.  Dude had a pattern of violence against his wife he shouldn't be anywhere  near coaching football at a public university.    Meyer's "I told the AD" stance is merely him trying to shift the blame.  All that does is show that he thinks Smiths contributions to his football program are more important than Smith's wife's safety.  He's basically saying he would have to be forced to fire Smith by somebody else's hand.   Look at the pattern of behavior by Smith, a real man doesn't associate with that kind of "man".    Just another example of Meyer being a total Sleezeball.   If McMurphy doesn't come with the "receipts" you can bet Meyer just continues to try to deny.    

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/zach-smith-urban-meyer-timeline-domestic-violence-allegations-ohio-state-florida-courtney-smith-ex-wife/qdgwf1d3j9n41skbguxgqsql0

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Yes, Meyer is a sleezeball. Has been for decades. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Gotcha. So we have a coach who can keep a secret from the press. We had better win a Nati this year because chances are, tOSU will come calling. :roflmao:

Ohio State aint coming for Strong.  Maybe an SEC school or even an ACC school.  But Myer will be coaching Ohio State for a while, because they know that by the first game of the season, nobody will be paying attention.  If his team is really good, people will talk about how he rebranded himself and is now a 'comeback story'... people have short memories.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Ohio State aint coming for Strong.  Maybe an SEC school or even an ACC school.  But Myer will be coaching Ohio State for a while, because they know that by the first game of the season, nobody will be paying attention.  If his team is really good, people will talk about how he rebranded himself and is now a 'comeback story'... people have short memories.

Yeah, I was more talking about the entire; "He said, She said thing". The entire story with Meyer is another guilty before proven innocent event. 

21 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I wouldn't count on that story going away Brett has sunk his teeth in and won't let go.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he has more ammo ready for a week or two weeks from now.   He did the same thing with the CJL stuff...  He slowly leaked out what he had and wouldn't let the story die or fade.  Make no mistake, the minute Meyer tried to use the "fake news" approach when McMurphy first broke this was the minute Brett got ready to take this thing all the way.   Brett is obviously trying to parlay this into a Job.  He's smart enough to know you can't go after some one like Urban unless you have them dead to rights, which I'm betting he does.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

11 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I wouldn't count on that story going away Brett has sunk his teeth in and won't let go.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he has more ammo ready for a week or two weeks from now.   He did the same thing with the CJL stuff...  He slowly leaked out what he had and wouldn't let the story die or fade.  Make no mistake, the minute Meyer tried to use the "fake news" approach when McMurphy first broke this was the minute Brett got ready to take this thing all the way.   Brett is obviously going to parlay this into Job.  He's smart enough to know you can't go after some one like Urban unless you have them dead to rights, which I'm betting he does.....

If and I say If Urban Meyer is gone. It won't be until after the season concludes. It's too close to the start of the season for tOSU to change couches and staff. tOSU won't do anything until they have all the facts and their hands are forced. They have a winning coach in their most prosperous sport. They aren't going to make changes unless forced to and they will want clad iron proof before doing so.  (Now that's just my feelings on the matter. I don't condone or support it. I have two daughters of my own. This is just the world we live in. Money moves mountains not morals.)

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

If and I say If Urban Meyer is gone. It won't be until after the season concludes. It's too close to the start of the season for tOSU to change couches and staff. (Now that's just my feelings on the matter.)

That won't matter if they conclude it's a PR nightmare to keep him around.  Greg Schiano will be the new Interim HC for the season at that point

Edited by chapelbull

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

That won't matter if they conclude it's a PR nightmare to keep him around.  Greg Schiano will be the new Interim HC for the season at that point

Oh and like that won't be a PR nightmare. :roflmao:

• Haha 1