• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Luke Fickel... Just as guilty as Urban?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I prefer to look at it from my perspective. If you are unemployed but you are trying to take down coaches just for fun, you are a sad person and you probably look like this...

DFC62758-8CE2-40F3-ADEA-E85805403C07.jpeg

Agree, Brett is a ****

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agree, Brett is a ****

I mean I guess it’s worked out for him more than it hasn’t but the fact remains he is sitting on the bench while CJL is back to coaching at a top 20 college football school. Brett is just super smug thinking he is changing the world but you are a former sports reporter getting cheap thrills by taking down coaches that are bigger than you. I hope one day he comes to the realization that he was nothing more than a tmz reporter for the sports world, yellow journalism at its finest.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Most HC contracts have morality clauses and "conduct detrimental to the university" outs in them these days.  Pretty sure knowingly having a domestic abuser on your staff would violate those clauses.    This all really comes down to cost benefit analysis.   If TOSU thinks Urban brings more value to the table as their coach than they stand to lose by blow back about this than TOSU will not enforce those clauses. TOSU is just trying to get a read on how the wind is blowing with this by releasing their  time table for their "investigation".  Really what they're doing is seeing if it will blow over and probably doing some investigating of their own to see if McMurphy has any more ammo to lob down range if they choose to let Urban stay on.  I wouldn't put it past McMurphy to have one more hand to play in all of this.... 

As for Cinci.  They are just keeping their head down and hoping all of the attention stays fixed on the big shiny object that is TOSU and nobody makes their connection any bigger than it is right now.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

Most HC contracts have morality clauses and "conduct detrimental to the university" outs in them these days.  Pretty sure knowingly having a domestic abuser on your staff would violate those clauses.    This all really comes down to cost benefit analysis.   If TOSU thinks Urban brings more value to the table as their coach than they stand to lose by blow back about this than TOSU will not enforce those clauses. TOSU is just trying to get a read on how the wind is blowing with this by releasing their  time table for their "investigation".  Really what they're doing is seeing if it will blow over and probably doing some investigating of their own to see if McMurphy has any more ammo to lob down range if they choose to let Urban stay on.  I wouldn't put it past McMurphy to have one more hand to play in all of this.... 

As for Cinci.  They are just keeping their head down and hoping all of the attention stays fixed on the big shiny object that is TOSU and nobody makes their connection any bigger than it is right now.   

Yup, Ohio State can go the sensitivity training route if they think Urban Meyer is worth it. 

Personally, that is the route I would go. Two weeks of, "Urban, if you hear of these abuses you must report it to the authorities"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

41 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Yup, Ohio State can go the sensitivity training route if they think Urban Meyer is worth it. 

Personally, that is the route I would go. Two weeks of, "Urban, if you hear of these abuses you must report it to the authorities"

Which would take courage.  

When Brett was helping stir the pot at USF, people hid under tables.  No one felt Leavitt was worth saving.  Too much personal risk.  After all, he had “plateaued”. Instead, let’s flush the program and many of its fans along with it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Which would take courage.  

When Brett was helping stir the pot at USF, people hid under tables.  No one felt Leavitt was worth saving.  Too much personal risk.  After all, he had “plateaued”. Instead, let’s flush the program and many of its fans along with it. 

We should never forget the fact that later, when the team was horrid , he was sure to send out tweets mocking the program.  That says all that we need to know about the situation. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Most HC contracts have morality clauses and "conduct detrimental to the university" outs in them these days.  Pretty sure knowingly having a domestic abuser on your staff would violate those clauses.   

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

On 8/4/2018 at 9:29 PM, lotsofbull99 said:

Not sure an supervisor is obligated to intervene in an employees domestic problems 

23 hours ago, puc86 said:

I remember the good old days where prying into people’s personal lives was fround upon. Fences make good neighbors. Now apparently it’s a company’s job to police their employees lives, who seriously wants this and why?

This all stems from what happened at Penn State so I assume they all have it in their clauses now to report any kind of abuse involving their staff.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, MMW said:

This all stems from what happened at Penn State so I assume they all have it in their clauses now to report any kind of abuse involving their staff.

Wasn’t part of Brett’s posting police reports? Who else is supposed to know?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Wasn’t part of Brett’s posting police reports? Who else is supposed to know?

Brett said he has text message screen caps between the victim and Urban's wife.   The alleged abuser said in an interviewer that Myer knew about the accusation as well.  McMurphy also may have more than he's letting on as he didn't let the cat out of the bag on most of his Intel until after Meyer denied any knowledge about this at all....

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Brett said he has text message screen caps between the victim and Urban's wife.   The alleged abuser said in an interviewer that Myer knew about the accusation as well.  McMurphy also may have more than he's letting on as he didn't let the cat out of the bag on most of his Intel until after Meyer denied any knowledge about this at all....

Is someone making the argument that Urban's wife received a text message like that and did not share it with Urban?  

I go to movies when I want to suspend disbelief to that level.  Personally, I am not sure how much responsibility Urban has in this situation but it was likely in his contract.  The stuff that happened at Penn state and the way people knew about what was going on and did nothing has driven a lot of this.

He is getting paid a lot of money, he has a lot of power and he is one of the most visible faces of the university.   With that comes certain responsibility I suppose and they are innumerated in his contract.