• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zebold: USF Fall Practice Day One

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

His wife’s family is in Lakeland if I’m not mistaken, so that’s a huge advantage as well. 

Unfortunately his wife's parents may have left us. Heard that a couple of weeks ago. But don't know how many other relatives are still in the area.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

I'm in Lakeland ! :) 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, charsibb said:

Deja vu.

Exact same things were said about xCSH and xCWT...

Truthfully, USF is a great coaching situation as long as that coach plays the hand he is dealt correctly. He can be a God at USF or he can be another coach at any random p5. The money is not that much greater unless you are at a powerhouse. UF, FSU or UM will not make him an offer anytime soon, b/c they all have new coaches who should be there at least 3-4 more years. All other P5 jobs that he would get offered arent worth it. I actually see him retiring a Bull. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Truthfully, USF is a great coaching situation as long as that coach plays the hand he is dealt correctly. He can be a God at USF or he can be another coach at any random p5. The money is not that much greater unless you are at a powerhouse. UF, FSU or UM will not make him an offer anytime soon, b/c they all have new coaches who should be there at least 3-4 more years. All other P5 jobs that he would get offered arent worth it. I actually see him retiring a Bull.  

Like I said, deja vu...

I'm still not fully on the CCS train, but looking forward to being wrong.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You're kidding right?  CCS made a Cool $1 M last year.  Over half the SEC coaches made more than 4M, all but 2 make more than 3M.  Only 6 HC at a P5 conference school made less than $2M.  And then there's that little thing about having no chance at a National Title at USF at the current time.  I don't know what CCS plans are, but if getting paid and/or winning a National Championship is in them, then he is probably here for a few years.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You're kidding right?  CCS made a Cool $1 M last year.  Over half the SEC coaches made more than 4M, all but 2 make more than 3M.  Only 6 HC at a P5 conference school made less than $2M.  And then there's that little thing about having no chance at a National Title at USF at the current time.  I don't know what CCS plans are, but if getting paid and/or winning a National Championship is in them, then he is probably here for a few years.

He made 1mil from USF but how much is he getting from Texas? Forgot that Texas is still paying Strong $9 million? We offered Taggart close to 3 mil a year b4 he went to Oregon. I like CCS but he will not get another offer from another power house like Texas. I feel he deserves another shot, but wont get one. USF at this point is his best option. And AFTER Texas pays him the rest of the $9 million, we will be paying him $2.5 mil a year.  And lets face it, a majority of P5 teams arent going to the playoffs and the ones that have a chance already have a coach established. He is stuck at USF at least 3-4 more years. I personally feel, as long as we get at least 9 wins per season, he will retire here and stand by it. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

20 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Precisely, but CWT and CCS are/were in a bit different of scenarios 

Movin' on up vs movin' on down...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He made 1mil from USF but how much is he getting from Texas? Forgot that Texas is still paying Strong $9 million? We offered Taggart close to 3 mil a year b4 he went to Oregon. I like CCS but he will not get another offer from another power house like Texas. I feel he deserves another shot, but wont get one. USF at this point is his best option. And AFTER Texas pays him the rest of the $9 million, we will be paying him $2.5 mil a year.  And lets face it, a majority of P5 teams arent going to the playoffs and the ones that have a chance already have a coach established. He is stuck at USF at least 3-4 more years. I personally feel, as long as we get at least 9 wins per season, he will retire here and stand by it. 

You changed your dynamic. Of course getting $$ from Texas matters, that's why we could afford him at all.   Maybe he will, maybe he won't get another shot at a P5 school, but there is a big difference between the pay.   Even at the $2.5M number (in 2 years), he would still make significantly more at 90% of the P5 schools and there's still that little National Championship shot thing. 3-4 more years puts him right where I've said the USF coach's shelf life is, 3-5 years.  If he's retiring at 60, then you are probably right.  But if he stays here beyond 3-5 years, I doubt it is because of the money unless we are getting into a P5 conference at that point.

• Upvote 1