• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kicking looking better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Crappy special teams and CCS seem to go hand in hand.  Hope this year is different.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

31 minutes ago, Calibull said:

How about we wait until the season starts... this is craziness.  I'm reading the comments like :facepalm:.  Remember... not one down has been played this season and we have people posting a coaches name and contact number on a board.  Nothing at all strikes anyone as odd about that? 

How dare you bring sense into this. 

Haha jk. Idk about all the posting coaches contact info, but our fans do have a legitimate reason to be concerned with special teams. I can’t recall a time in the past few years where blocked kicks were an issue that we had to deal with. We had it done to us multiple times last season without much promise of change, and now we see reports about it happening 3 times in practice. You’re 100% right, we owe it to wait out a judgment until season starts, but reading reports like that reasonably can make fans weary. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

How dare you bring sense into this. 

Haha jk. Idk about all the posting coaches contact info, but our fans do have a legitimate reason to be concerned with special teams. I can’t recall a time in the past few years where blocked kicks were an issue that we had to deal with. We had it done to us multiple times last season without much promise of change, and now we see reports about it happening 3 times in practice. You’re 100% right, we owe it to wait out a judgment until season starts, but reading reports like that reasonably can make fans weary. 

I chalk last season up to everyone getting keyed in.  I was more worried if we'd have a guy that could get it through the uprights at all.  The blocking... I'm not saying have a kick blocked in practice isn't a bad thing any stretch, but I've seen years where we have had a couple blocked in practice and it wasn't actually an issue during the season.  I've seen years where we thought we'd have great kicking and special teams and it was not so great... Blocks... misses... I think they'll get it together by Elon.  I'll worry if we have problems in a game, but this is what practice is literally for.  To fix things.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I chalk last season up to everyone getting keyed in.  I was more worried if we'd have a guy that could get it through the uprights at all.  The blocking... I'm not saying have a kick blocked in practice isn't a bad thing any stretch, but I've seen years where we have had a couple blocked in practice and it wasn't actually an issue during the season.  I've seen years where we thought we'd have great kicking and special teams and it was not so great... Blocks... misses... I think they'll get it together by Elon.  I'll worry if we have problems in a game, but this is what practice is literally for.  To fix things.

Elon should give us a sign but any blocked kicks from them would be a pretty big issue in my opinion. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of talent that’s been reported about kickers. They seem to do really well from 40+ yards. I’m a lot less worried about that now that practice has started 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

26 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Elon should give us a sign but any blocked kicks from them would be a pretty big issue in my opinion. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of talent that’s been reported about kickers. They seem to do really well from 40+ yards. I’m a lot less worried about that now that practice has started 

I'm right there with you.  I was happy to see all the kickers in fall camp.  I also think we scored big with the kid from Tenn State.  He may not be a Gramatica... but he has a boot and I actually think he'll be a decent kicker.  A lot of kicking is routine... he's been in a college game and has made FGs as a true freshman.  So hopefully he got better, it appears his leg has gotten stronger. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I'm right there with you.  I was happy to see all the kickers in fall camp.  I also think we scored big with the kid from Tenn State.  He may not be a Gramatica... but he has a boot and I actually think he'll be a decent kicker.  A lot of kicking is routine... he's been in a college game and has made FGs as a true freshman.  So hopefully he got better, it appears his leg has gotten stronger. 

From today’s practice (Bulls247)

• The kicking game looks like it is coming along for the Bulls. All three Bulls kickers (Weiss, Stone, and Vivonetto) were perfect from 35-yards and closer. Jake Vivonetto had the kick of the day, nailing a nearly 57-yard kick through the uprights at the end of practice.
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

How is the punting game looking? Hernandez was key last year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Blackice12 said:

How is the punting game looking? Hernandez was key last year.

We’ll be scoring every drive so no need to worry about that

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Well there goes my breakout candidate