Hi Guest,

Just a quick note to remind you the USF Bulls Fan Fest is this Saturday, August 11th, from 1-4 p.m. at the on campus Yuengling Center.

This is your opportunity to meet the USF 2018-19 teams!

More information on board and calendar (address and RSVP).

Join the Stampede at the Yuengling Center!

Brad Brad
  • Become a member

It's quick and free - and you will unlock other areas and features of The Bulls Pen as well as reduce the number of ads you see throughout the site.

• Members do not see this ad
Sign in to follow this  
ECUshoein

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study (Off Topic)

@ucfbs You're on a USF message board and your asking us to stop with rhetoric when it comes to UCF?  Have you been to a UCF board?  We only bring you up when it's relevant to our situation, i.e. an OCS.  Those guys over there bring up USF all the freaking time.

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Prior to the collapse of the big east and our fall to the depths of the AAC USF was always moving up in conference before it ever made it thru a recruiting cycle. Every conference we have ever been in before this rubbish was better than this conference since our inception and every handful of years we were moving up to bigger and better times and facing stiffer competition that wasn’t moving up but had been established. I know this is super hard to comprehend because you have always been garbage and played in garbage conferences and this is the best you have ever had it in life but sadly for us it’s the worst. Couple the constant climb up the mountain at a rate never seen in college sports and then the horrible decision of canning CJL and replacing him with a CSH and I am not shocked we haven’t won a conference championship and now that we are in the AAC I would be embarrassed to even collect the trophy unless it was immediately tosssed into the trash where this joke of a conference belongs.

So, what you’re saying is USF Football doesn’t try to win the AAC (“garbage conference”) because it’s beneath them and would embarrass it’s fans.

and...UCF is garbage, and has always played in garbage conferences, so they have been The American Conference Football Champions 3 Times.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

So, what you’re saying is USF Football doesn’t try to win the AAC (“garbage conference”) because it’s beneath them and would embarrass it’s fans.

and...UCF is garbage, and has always played in garbage conferences, so they have been The American Conference Football Champions 3 Times.

No I am saying that prior to ending up in the garbage AAC we had less of a chance of winning a conference since we were always in a stronger conference than UCF and that we were always moving up in the college football world. Then we fired CJL and hired CSH, things went to hell, it took a while to recoup and then we ended up in the AAC where I as a fan do not care if we ever win a conference in since we have already lost by competing in this conference. I do not think this is an official USF position or that all coaches players and admins feel the same way and are not trying. What I am painfully aware of is to 99.99% of the America it doesn’t matter if you win the AAC or not because no one knows or cares who won. Go tell 100 random people USF won the AAC for the past 10 years and all of them will believe you but say “so what who cares?”

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ucfbs said:

Please state how UCF's stadium is "going to be condemned in 5 years"?

At the start of 2017, had UCF not made $8M in improvements, it was likely UCF's stadium wouldn't last 25 years, from its planned 40 years.  Now the question is will it last 25-30 years?  Or will get get close to the original, 40 year design?

Let me say that again ... UCF could have forgone $8M in improvements, and it would still be safe for another 10.  But another 15 might have been a stretch.  But UCF had the money.  It did what needed to be done.

UCF is embroiled in a lawsuit over what caused it.  The claims are maintenance (UCF) v. builder (non-UCF) v. engineer (non-UCF).  So far it looks like the builder didn't follow the engineer's recommendations on materials (especially around the fasteners), and UCF has been maintaining it like had it been using the engineer materials.  Hence why UCF has a case, and it will likely lead to a settlement (monetary).

But understand FAU and others are in the same boat too.  It's the same design!  It's only designed to last 40 years, at most.

Please be objective in your criticisms of UCF.  Stop spewing rhetoric that only undermines the discussion for USF's own benefit.

Because I said so!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Because I said so!!!!!

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Has anyone mentioned that ucf blows yet?

^These are good points^

27 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Has anyone mentioned that ucf blows yet?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, puc86 said:

You mean you wouldn’t go to a UCF board to discuss what they should do about their stadium and how copying us and more closely associating with us would be better for their program? I know I lost myself at go to a UCF message board but for some reason they seem to like us a bit more than we like them. I’m going to send them a copy of he’s just not that into you.

Despite all of the non-sense, a lot of UCF fans aren't being arrogant (not even after 2 NY Bowl wins) still actually want to see a strong USF.  Why?  Because a lot of UCF fans aren't arrogant enough to overlook the obviousness of the truth.  And some USF fans see it too.  As the TV ratings this past November only proved, a strong UCF and a strong USF make for a powerful package, when it comes down to Black Friday ... stronger than Florida and FSU.

This is really about long-term survival.  Because understand this ...

2022-2023 isn't far away.  That's when the Big XII TV deals implode.  When that happens, we may be looking at the end of the Big XII, with the resulting "Power 4 picking up the pieces."  Then ESPN will have it's perfect, "4 team bracket" for the play-offs.  Laugh all you want, but this is an extremely plausible scenario.  A strong UCF-USF rivalry, with the sheer TV numbers, makes us a very solid target for the ACC or SEC.

Many say the SEC or ACC wouldn't want 3 or even 4 teams from Florida ... but they kinda already have such in other states, so it's not exactly true.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Edited by ucfbs

4 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Third, if USF builds an OCS they need to do it right. UCF built a piece of **** stadium

Serious question ... how is UCF's stadium a POS, but FAU's is not?

Can someone please answer that for me?

18 minutes ago, ucfbs said:

Despite all of the non-sense, a lot of UCF fans aren't being arrogant (not even after 2 NY Bowl wins) still actually want to see a strong USF.  Why?  Because a lot of UCF fans aren't arrogant enough to overlook the obviousness of the truth.  And some USF fans see it too.  As the TV ratings this past November only proved, a strong UCF and a strong USF make for a powerful package, when it comes down to Black Friday ... stronger than Florida and FSU.

This is really about long-term survival.  Because understand this ...

2022-2023 isn't far away.  That's when the Big XII TV deals implode.  When that happens, we may be looking at the end of the Big XII, with the resulting "Power 4 picking up the pieces."  Then ESPN will have it's perfect, "4 team bracket" for the play-offs.  Laugh all you want, but this is an extremely plausible scenario.  A strong UCF-USF rivalry, with the sheer TV numbers, makes us a very solid target for the ACC or SEC.

Many say the SEC or ACC wouldn't want 3 or even 4 teams from Florida ... but they kinda already have such in other states, so it's not exactly true.

Don't shoot the messenger.

That’s because you have never been chosen over us and we have been chosen over you. Better off together is just nonsense and we are better off on our own. It’s hard enough to talk a conference into taking a gamble on just one of us, there is no conference that’s looking to double down on their long shot bet and take both of us as evidenced by this last expansion shut out in the big 12 and every single expansion that’s taken place since the expansion carousel ride began. USF is best off alone and on field success has nothing to do with expansion, see Boise vs Rutgers but bless your little heart that you think two successful seasons will have any bearing on where you end up. Deep down you know we are better than you and that’s why you are here seeking our approval and we aren’t on your message board seeking yours.

18 minutes ago, ucfbs said:

They are both a pos much like ucf and the aac, does that make you feel better?

3 hours ago, ucfbs said:

Serious answer in the form of a question ..... Who is FAU suing over defects in their stadium?