• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

I know everyone is looking forward to the season. But I am just as excited for tailgating. My group spends as much if not more preparing and tailgating as we do watching the games. It is also much more social. In the stadium you might talk or engage with people around you but tailgating you walk around and meet people, run into people you know, etc. Each year we try to add to the tailgate to make it that much better. Last year it was a generator, fan and TV. This year we are bringing a trailer. 

What kind of food do you guys make at tailgates? What is your go to Music? What have you found is your best lot to tailgate. 

Usually the food varies. I have done burgers, brats, steaks etc. 

My go to Music is typically country but we mix it up.

After moving around a lot in the first year I like Lot 7. It is grass so it is not as hot as parking in a concrete lot. It is pretty wide open, close to the stadium and the Bulls Zone. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

You may want to join the Game Day Grub Club for some convo ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I haven't tailgated in years, but I liked making something that relates to the opponent.  For example for Elon - North Carolina style BBQ

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  682
  • Days Won:  2

I think it depends on what kind of tailgate experience you are looking for. If you are looking for more of a family setting, I would say the lots on the south side of the stadium are more family oriented. That is where they set up the fan zone, which usually includes free food, games, tents, vendors, etc., and always has loud family friendly music. So more families end up on that side.  I like to have more of a party vibe at my tailgates so I set up in lot 4 (North side) where more of the students go. I always set up with a group of about 5 to 10 people and usually end up with closer to 30 or more (depending on the game) that end up hanging out with us.

As far as music, i usually let those at my tailgate dictate the music that I play. My go to is country, and that is usually what I begin the tailgate with. But sometimes I go with hip hop if that is what everyone that shows up wants that day.  

For food, it depends on how much money you are wanting to spend. As @ApisBull said above, having a food theme based on the opponent is a cool idea, but would generally cost more. Burgers, hot dogs, chips, etc. are more of a tailgate staple, and are cheaper. In the past, I have bought chickfila nugget trays, pdq chicken strip platters, and Publix hot n' spicy chicken wings, and they all seemed to be a big hit but also costly. If you are looking to bring a grill and prepare food, that is probably not the direction you want to go.  

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

You may want to join the Game Day Grub Club for some convo ...

I will definitely head that way. Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

I think it depends on what kind of tailgate experience you are looking for.

We bring our sons to a couple games a year so we like family friendly. The other games are usually just me and my boys or we have one or two we bring the wives. So like always it is a mixed bag. However our tickets are on the south end zone so that it where I park. That and I like to go to the Bulls Zone and it is better than walking around the stadium. 

As far as food goes I have a grill and usually grill up the food. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have now obtained my Tailgate Trailer. I have just over two weeks before the first home game to get it ready. Pictures to follow. 

unnamed.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

Can’t wait to see the finished product. 

• Like 1