• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep. This has to be job one for Kelly. If you don’t have alumni support then you have nothing. 

I've said since the beginning this is why he was brought here.  Between his local business connections and the fact that he bleeds green and gold he should be able to get things turned around.   If a guy with his energy, passion for USF, and understanding of the bay area business landscape can't get us on the right track I don't know if anyone will be able to.   

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I love Ray Jay.  My seats and amenities are outstanding.   I'm down with an OCS too when it makes financial sense.  It hasn't yet.  USF does not have the money or support of alumni or the Tampa Bay area. It's a painful truth.

• Upvote 3

We have an OCA with two teams that play in it.  Other than when UConn is in town no one attends.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

50 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

We have an OCA with two teams that play in it.  Other than when UConn is in town no one attends.  

Stop being silly.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The numbers say this will never happen. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

How do smaller programs with less athletic budget play in OCS stadiums?  Building an OCS rarely makes financial sense, but somehow schools that are committed find a way.  I went to the Tulane roadie last year and their new stadium is not large by any means but it’s nice and it’s all the their’s.  Way better than having gone to that game at the Superdome, but wait the Superdome is an NFL stadium that’s hosted Super Bowls.  How awesome is that?  Ray Jay is a fine NFL stadium and a great venue for a bowl game and to host the College Football playoffs, but as the home stadium for the USF Bulls, it blows.  A pirate ship, empty red seats, one USF banner in each end zone trying to cover all the Bucs banners.  It screams rented and bush league as soon as you walk in and to think the University pays TSA 400k for each game and gets no concession and parking.  WooHoo!

I’m realistic enough to know that this will be a major financial undertaking for the University, but I’m also not part of the wine and cheese Bulls fans that need all the amenities of Ray Jay.  For the record, I have club access seats and would gladly sit in bleacher seats if it meant I was in an OCS.  Start small with an ability to expand as the program and finances grows.  I’m 53 and based on this study I’ll be taking a dirt nap before an OCS is built.

End of rant/

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Time to strike was 10 years ago.  In 10 years from now the time to strike would have been now.  The OCS would build Alumni support.  The tinmen did it right.  There are many... FSU included, TCU, that went the aluminum route and built it up over time.  I have been at every ucf vs USF game and that stadium has gotten better over the years.  Yes, you build a decent stadium now and remodel over time.  This will build alumni - ucf is an example.  The whole "do it right" narrative is  nauseating.  

Bingo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

How do smaller programs with less athletic budget play in OCS stadiums?  Building an OCS rarely makes financial sense, but somehow schools that are committed find a way.  I went to the Tulane roadie last year and their new stadium is not large by any means but it’s nice and it’s all the their’s.  Way better than having gone to that game at the Superdome, but wait the Superdome is an NFL stadium that’s hosted Super Bowls.  How awesome is that?  Ray Jay is a fine NFL stadium and a great venue for a bowl game and to host the College Football playoffs, but as the home stadium for the USF Bulls, it blows.  A pirate ship, empty red seats, one USF banner in each end zone trying to cover all the Bucs banners.  It screams rented and bush league as soon as you walk in and to think the University pays TSA 400k for each game and gets no concession and parking.  WooHoo!

I’m realistic enough to know that this will be a major financial undertaking for the University, but I’m also not part of the wine and cheese Bulls fans that need all the amenities of Ray Jay.  For the record, I have club access seats and would gladly sit in bleacher seats if it meant I was in an OCS.  Start small with an ability to expand as the program and finances grows.  I’m 53 and based on this study I’ll be taking a dirt nap before an OCS is built.

End of rant/

You are right, its not a rant - we have ucf so far up our arses that we can't possibly see building something similar would be in our best interest.  It is actually upsetting that our desire to out do them with this stadium mess will be the same attitude that pushes us farther behind.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

And alas we have hit the obligatory OCS discussion marking a certain near conclusion to our offseason.

19 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

And alas we have hit the obligatory OCS discussion marking a certain near conclusion to our offseason.

It's an OCS thread.

59 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Stop being silly.

Real = Silly