• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgia Tech preparing for its day in the (Tampa) sun

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Discipline is the key to stopping the triple option.  Too often players get sucked in and forget their assignment.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I will be sweating my arse off to cheer on my Bulls. Having Club level access doesn’t hurt to catch a break from the sun & humidity. Hopefully we have a nice turnout for our first challenge of the season.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

On 7/19/2018 at 8:05 PM, OcalaBull2 said:

It never destroyed us against Navy. We may have lost one of the games but we seemed to prepare well for it. I’m sure Strong being defensive minded also helps. Not to mention our defense was overall pretty bad in Taggart’s time here. 

Not too mention, Coach BJM was the linebackers coach at GT from 2004-2009, so he had 5 years coaching against hat type of offense. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 7/20/2018 at 7:49 PM, HeadCoach said:

I’ll say this. As a coach I would be working on stopping the triple option a lot during fall camp. One stat I saw was when a Georgia Tech opponent had more then 2 weeks to prepare for them they are something like 0-4. I know for a fact last year as bad as Tennessee was they were able to get stops when they needed to. 

Charlie Strong is a defensive minded coach so he should schematically be able to have the Bulls ready. Obviously like all games against Power 5 teams it will come down to the trenches on the offensive and defensive line. Georgia Tech does a lot of cutting and that is difficult to simulate in practice so it will be interesting to see how our new D-line can handle that. 

You stop the dive you stop the triple option.   The DT rotation will be a key to this game 

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

You stop the dive you stop the triple option.   The DT rotation will be a key to this game 

Thank God our Defensive coordinator was the linebackers coach at GT for 5 years. He should know how to stop the triple option better than anyone on our team. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Thank God our Defensive coordinator was the linebackers coach at GT for 5 years. He should know how to stop the triple option better than anyone on our team. 

You can know it and teach it all you want but your guys gotta go out there an execute and hold up physically.   Getting cut blocked all day in the heat inevitably will cause some mental lapses.  I think our LB's will be fine it's the DL that has the toughest ask considering what the weather should be and and how Tech blocks up front.   BJM will undoubtedly have the guys coached up they just have to be  mentally and physically conditioned well enough to do that for 60 minutes in the sauna that noon games are.   

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

My biggest concern other than losing to them is the triple option hangover. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

My biggest concern other than losing to them is the triple option hangover. 

Fortunately we play Illinois 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

Our biggest OOC game, until the bowl game - I hope!

Go BULLS !!!

On 7/23/2018 at 1:29 PM, Bull Dozer said:

You can know it and teach it all you want but your guys gotta go out there an execute and hold up physically.   Getting cut blocked all day in the heat inevitably will cause some mental lapses.  I think our LB's will be fine it's the DL that has the toughest ask considering what the weather should be and and how Tech blocks up front.   BJM will undoubtedly have the guys coached up they just have to be  mentally and physically conditioned well enough to do that for 60 minutes in the sauna that noon games are.   

I think there are at least 2-3 incoming freshman that can contribute right away for the Dline and we still have the 2 Duke Transfers to go with the current returning D-Line we played last year. This line is young but deep. Pretty much our whole defense. I think with the players that left, there is more playing time available for our play makers. to be on the field. I hope Im not wrong, but I have a feeling this defense will be #1 in the AAC again. We definitely should be a top 20 nationally.