• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well, there's a missed opportunity . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, HeadCoach said:

I had posted a topic that I asked to be removed, but what I kind of said went along with this thread. Until the university bridges the gap between athletics, clubs and academics all the advertising or lack of advertising in the world in my opinion won’t work. You have to create a partnership where people have each other’s back. 

An example I thought of is Clemson I think delayed the first day of spring semester classes because of the national title game a few years ago. When I was a student at USF played a home game against West Virginia on a Thursday night, but we weren’t very good at this particular time and classmates of mine couldn’t get there final exam rescheduled to go to a ESPN nationally televised game involving USF. Many students had the same issue and thus the student section was empty. 

What year was that? I don’t remember us ever playing WVU the second week in December. I always thought we finished up before other conferences had their championship game, not after.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Did’t you read the Oracle, or not know it was free too?

Don't believe the Oracle has ever been required reading for a USF student and as an unconventional student, with a busy real life outside their studies, it wouldn't be surprising if it was never read.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

So your whole problem about not going while you were there is because you couldn't get a free ticket? Which I fully understand based on your unconventional student status but just a little confused about the scope of your complaint ...

2 hours ago, Landino21 said:

No, I didn't know when and where the games were played and how to go about getting tickets etc. Knowing it was free and seeing a video would have piqued my interest. I was brand new to college sports. 

This actually illustrates the big picture problem USF has with this area. If football was your husband's main sport and he didn't know enough about when and where USF played to ask you about going to games at the school you attended, that's something huge to overcome. Good news is you appear to be fully ingrained with Bulls football now so the story has a happy ending ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Did’t you read the Oracle, or not know it was free too?

LMAO I was there two and a half years and I think I read that thing twice...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

LMAO I was there two and a half years and I think I read that thing twice...

Had she read it, she wouldn’t have been in the dark about USF 🏈 .   With her being a non-traditional student with the extremely busy life she described, I seriously doubt her claim that she would have attended football games, free or not.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Had she read it, she wouldn’t have been in the dark about USF 🏈 .   With her being a non-traditional student with the extremely busy life she described, I seriously doubt her claim that she would have attended football games, free or not.  

El ladrón juzga por su condición. 🤔

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Every opportunity for a touch point should be fully taken advantage of by USFAA.  Understanding they, like every other department are working on a limited payroll budget.

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,068
  • Days Won:  56

On 7/20/2018 at 6:47 PM, Brad said:

🚁

That's funny! In fact, the constant message to parents at orientation was "your helicopter days are over, get used to it!" 🙂

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

What year was that? I don’t remember us ever playing WVU the second week in December. I always thought we finished up before other conferences had their championship game, not after.

Dec 1, 2011vs WVU finished up 5-7 that year but we had a Thursday night game prime time ESPN. Exams had already started on campus. 

Conference championship games were that Saturday the 3rd.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

I give @JTrue a pass on this one...Skippy's tenure....lot of purposely destroyed memory of that Holtz New Era.   And the self-medication, :icon_drink:destroyed the rest. 

• Upvote 1