• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad
Sign in to follow this  
BrassBulls12

The 64 Best Sports Books of All Time. According to Men's Journal

I haven't, but I do have the ESPN book to read at some point.

I have a small mountain of sports books to either read or listen to.  I'm surprised some that I have read were not on that list.  

Yeah, It included a lot more fiction that I would have expected. I have a decent stack piling up as well but Im working through that Performance Cortex book and some of that kinda goes over my head and I have to reread it so its taking me longer to get through.

Edited by BrassBulls12

I am finishing up a book on the 19th century West.  

I think I'll go with one of the newer Baseball data books:

51kqTs4UCuL._SL320_.jpg

Alright, I finished up the western and went to the only downloaded Sports audiobook (out walking - getting in tailgating shape now) I had - American Pharoah: The Untold Story.  

51JFLoetWCL.jpg

I think the only reason I had this was because Amazon made it available as part of a promotion.  Not a horse guy or a gambler, but I'm 4 chapters in and learning a lot about horse sex.  Yeah....

But it is interesting so far....I thought I might not be able to get through it, but I still listening...so far so good.

I'm gonna add the Astro book to my amazon list.

The American Pharoah book looks interesting, Im not really into horse racing either but I do get incredibly interested in the triple crown, I always pull heavily for the one to be achieved. Might put that on there too. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Finished American Pharoah, the audiobook, this morning.

I did learn a lot about horses and am now interested in more races outside those in the Triple Crown, but know more about the Triple Crown than ever.  I never really knew the order or the challenge/hardship on the horses.  Didn't know Baffert was a native Arizonan either.  

Recommend?  Not so much.  It was interesting but not the book/audiobook that I think I'll want to experience again.  Insightful, but not in my wheel house.

Right now, I'm moving back to non-sports with a book about Harry S Truman.  After that, I think it will be "Ahead of the Curve".

I'm out of sports books in my library, but will be purchasing the one mentioned, by Brian Kenny, soon.

Sign in to follow this