• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

BasketBulls announce non-con schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

You do know our football conference is 6 and our basketball conference is 7, right? And that's not relatively speaking. Yes, I know there are more conferences in basketball, but I'm going to assume you don't think conferences like the Big Sky are in the same realm as the ACC and such. Just like we don't believe the FCS conferences are playing on the same level as the FBS ones. 

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with what I was saying, but our conference schedule is more formidable in basketball than it is in football at the current time and probably will be most years

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

CBG will be talking about the schedule on the Bulls Beat with Derek Sharp. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

USF should consider doing a two-fer or three-fer deal for new season ticket holders. $150 or $175 for a season ticket to both football and men's basketball, $200 for football, men's basketball, and women's basketball. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

16 hours ago, JTrue said:

You do know our football conference is 6 and our basketball conference is 7, right? And that's not relatively speaking. Yes, I know there are more conferences in basketball, but I'm going to assume you don't think conferences like the Big Sky are in the same realm as the ACC and such. Just like we don't believe the FCS conferences are playing on the same level as the FBS ones. 

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with what I was saying, but our conference schedule is more formidable in basketball than it is in football at the current time and probably will be most years

Pretty sure that was his way of saying, and backing up, that he disagrees with your assessment ....

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 7/13/2018 at 7:20 PM, BrassBulls12 said:

Not sure if we are quite in a position to be worried about RPI. We need to win games. 

This. 

The kids have to learn how to win consistently, which we haven't done in years. As weak as it is on paper this is what's needed for this kind of rebuild. The team gets some experience and gets a real opportunity to learn how to win consistently. Baby steps. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure that was his way of saying, and backing up, that he disagrees with your assessment ....

There really is no debating that our conference schedule is tougher in basketball than football

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

There really is no debating that our conference schedule is tougher in basketball than football

Based on? Because I did a pretty simple search on Sagarin and we're 6/24 out of all the schools playing division 1 football, both FBS and FCS since there's a split there. And we're 7/32 when you combine all the schools in division 1 for basketball. That seems like a fairly debatable stat and not definitively in basketball's favor.

34 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Based on? Because I did a pretty simple search on Sagarin and we're 6/24 out of all the schools playing division 1 football, both FBS and FCS since there's a split there. And we're 7/32 when you combine all the schools in division 1 for basketball. That seems like a fairly debatable stat and not definitively in basketball's favor.

Common sense.  Half our conference in basketball can and/or has competed with the best (and not just 1 and done) vs. 0 football teams 

Edited by chapelbull