• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Volleyball Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

8 minutes ago, RG said:

Coach Draper's record versus program to the east is 1-10 and winning only 8 sets out of 40 total sets played. USF still leads overall series 49-33.

8/26/12 (H)       W           3-2

9/27/13 (A)        L            3-0

11/1/13 (H)       L            3-0

10/08/14 (H)     L            3-1

10/29/14 (A)     L            3-2

10/21/15 (A)     L            3-1

11/4/15 (H)       L            3-1

9/21/16 (A)        L            3-0

11/2/16 (H)       L            3-0

11/22/17 (A)     L            3-0

11/25/17 (H)     L            3-0

That is completely unacceptable. If I'm Kelly, I am looking for her replacement immediately. Lost 18 out of the last 20 sets and at least 13 in a row....Sad! 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

How the hell has someone with that record continue to be the coach? That is ridiculous!  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Because this probably the most extensive conversation on volleyball that most of us have ever had. 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

On 7/17/2018 at 11:10 AM, BullyPulpit said:

Hopefully VPA Kelly will come in and do a complete evaluation of all of our athletic programs. Coach Draper has had 6 full seasons to improve the program and has floundered, despite the AAC as a whole not being a strong volleyball conference. Not that we should be making the NCAA tournament every year, but she has really failed to field a truly competitive team. 

There was a time we used to make the NCAA Tournament every year - 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000

Edited by Dave_Glaser

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

There was a time we used to make the NCAA Tournament every year - 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000

I would imagine that conference affiliation might have played a part in that, but the fact remains that we are capable of fielding a competitive team. We certainly can't accept the results of the last 15 seasons. This should be a make or break year for Draper. Finish in the top 4 of the conference or dust off your resume. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Patience is needed here. I live in Oregon and have 2 daughters that play(16&11) so I watch a lot of volleyball including taking them to Oregon duck an OSU beavers games. A good recruiting class just came in and added much needed height. Two years from now they won't be 7-13 in the conference.  This isn't Pac12 or Big10 volleyball much like our football team won't be Alabama anytime in the near future...if ever. I predict that in 2 years the team will be at least .500 in conference play but next years recruiting class will tell if the program is indeed on the rise or not.  The best players in the country go to Nebraska, Texas, Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, USC, & Florida. You get my point I'm sure.  Be patient.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

33 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Patience is needed here. I live in Oregon and have 2 daughters that play(16&11) so I watch a lot of volleyball including taking them to Oregon duck an OSU beavers games. A good recruiting class just came in and added much needed height. Two years from now they won't be 7-13 in the conference.  This isn't Pac12 or Big10 volleyball much like our football team won't be Alabama anytime in the near future...if ever. I predict that in 2 years the team will be at least .500 in conference play but next years recruiting class will tell if the program is indeed on the rise or not.  The best players in the country go to Nebraska, Texas, Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, USC, & Florida. You get my point I'm sure.  Be patient.

Sorry, but 4 straight shutout losses to the kannigits is already too much patience.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

45 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

There's been a lot of patience already and I agree this year's class looks pretty good but have to assume, hope, Draper is on a short leash ..... but that will probably hinge on how much Kelly really cares about the vb program. Lessinger never finished higher than 6th in conference in 8 years but still pretty much left on her own accord (unless there was some backroom goings on). There should be at least an occasional sniff at the NCAA's but it's been 15 years ....

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Everything is relative. I am not expecting us to compete in recruiting with the likes of the Pac 12 or B1G, but we don't have to. We need to be able to beat out the teams in our conference. Not every year, but once every four years or so. To go as long as we have without any measurable success is unacceptable. It appears that mediocrity has become acceptable as it concerns the women's volleyball team and the players and coaches are certainly delivering just that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Based on her record, the patience train left about four years ago...