• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Reportedly Suspended, Story Disputed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Actually happened to me, accidentally registered for a Summer A class when I intended to sign up for Summer B, realized Four weeks later I'd missed a month of class, failed 

I am pretty sure mine stems from a missed summer class as well.  Rutgers had something everyone referred to as the "RU Screw" and they definitely would put a big fat F on your transcripts and make it impossible to do anything about.  Basically they liked to screw you over as much as possible, I have no idea why. 

USF was not at all like that plus the girls were much prettier.  Being married I didn't notice any of that of course, its just something I heard.

Edited by MMW
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,474
  • Days Won:  422

A little more "clarification" on the thread topic ...

Upon the initial story's release, the Tampa Bay Times learned that while Kean faced a four-game suspension for 2018 at one point last fall, he performed well enough academically in the spring to have it reduced to two games.

He has since filed a medical hardship "with extenuating circumstances" in an effort to reduce the suspension from two games to none.

Still a little discrepancy in the two outlets stories ...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

14 hours ago, MMW said:

Rutgers had something everyone referred to as the "RU Screw" and they definitely would put a big fat F on your transcripts and make it impossible to do anything about.  Basically they liked to screw you over as much as possible, I have no idea why. 

How familiar are you with New Jersey and its politics?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Hard for most of us to see beyond the surface of all this. Just superficially, it sounds like he's reaching for anything to recover his starting chances, and that doesn't sit too well for a leader, but it's hard to blame him for trying. Who knows how legit the claim is, and whether or not he deserves to squash the suspension, I just hate that it had to come to this for him and for the team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It sure has been a strange off season, player quits and goes on Twitter rant, prior five star Bama QB enrolls, QB could be missing two games for dropping a class, AD leaves and gives admin no heads up, and AD search includes all kinds of prospects but a good one is hired. Perhaps the biggest news, although not directly related to athletics, was USF being awarded preeminence status. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It sure has been a strange off season, player quits and goes on Twitter rant, prior five star Bama QB enrolls, QB could be missing two games for dropping a class, AD leaves and gives admin no heads up, and AD search includes all kinds of prospects but a good one is hired. Perhaps the biggest news, although not directly related to athletics, was USF being awarded preeminence status. 

Hadn't really thought about it but you're right. Quite an eventful off-season.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It sure has been a strange off season, player quits and goes on Twitter rant, prior five star Bama QB enrolls, QB could be missing two games for dropping a class, AD leaves and gives admin no heads up, and AD search includes all kinds of prospects but a good one is hired. Perhaps the biggest news, although not directly related to athletics, was USF being awarded preeminence status

Biggest news since the University was founded!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,474
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, charsibb said:

Biggest news since the University was founded!

I'm going with getting the Gators to agree to an away game against a Florida team not named UM or FSU in Florida, for the first time in modern history ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm going with getting the Gators to agree to an away game against a Florida team not named UM or FSU in Florida, for the first time in modern history ...

If they actually come. 

Edited by BrassBulls12