• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Reportedly Suspended, Story Disputed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This just tells me Kean is not my starter. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

It's time for USF to leave the NCAA

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, Gobulls90 said:

I’m aware. I was being facetious.

Got it.  You never know around here.

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

I guess you got me. Upon looking back through Bond's timeline of how he worked through this story, he does not specifically say "USF sources" but he does specifically say he talked to Kean. So at this point, there are three sources that may or may not be USF sources and Kean himself.

So the dispute in question seems to be whether or not Kean will serve the entire suspension, part of it, or his "unique" appeal he's counting on makes it none. But today, it's a 4 game suspension.

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

I agree.  He wants to be the starting QB he really needs to have all his ducks in a row.

On a side note, even as a middle aged man I still have a recurring dream where I signed up for classes and never attended or forgot all about them.  The dream always starts the day of the final and me wondering what affect it will have on me grade point average.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, MMW said:

On a side note, even as a middle aged man I still have a recurring dream where I signed up for classes and never attended or forgot all about them.  The dream always starts the day of the final and me wondering what affect it will have on me grade point average.

OMG. I have the same recurring dream! Except I forgot about a class and it's my last semester and I can't graduate because of it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

35 minutes ago, MMW said:

I agree.  He wants to be the starting QB he really needs to have all his ducks in a row.

This must be common.  I have that dream all the time.  I'm supposed to graduate and my family is coming to the ceremony.  It is the day before the final, but since I have not been showing up for class, I didn't get the news that the final had been moved up a day and I miss it.  It's crazy real, too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

It becomes a fact when MLB or the team reports it. Right now, whoever redid the thread title nailed it. The whole thing is "reportedly" and there are aspects in dispute. The initial TDS "Breaking" article was a shoddy piece of journalism. There is no "if true", "allegedly" or anything else that says that it could be anything other than BK not playing the first 4 games. It definitively states he's not playing those first 4. The typical rush to be the first ..... **** digging a little further, like talking to BK before publishing ....  again leads to probable inaccuracies.

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

But that's the thing. It has been confirmed by multiple USF sources, if you believe Bond. And it has been confirmed by Kean, again, if you believe Bond. He did talk to Kean. So his reporting is as thorough and complete as it could be at this point. So his breaking news regarding the possible starting QB is as accurate as it can be today. Unless you think he should have sat on this until the Fall, there's no beef to be had. Yes, there is a process that has to play out, but as of this moment, nothing that has been reported is false. Would you have approved if he had titled his article, "USF QB is suspended, but he REALLY thinks it won't be a thing come the beginning of the season."

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2018/7/11/17561390/usf-quarterback-brett-kean-ruled-ineligible-first-four-games-likely-reduced-two-games-ncaa-football

Nothing's been confirmed by USF but apparently BK confirmed there was a 4 game suspension, but there's apparently more to the story at this point. My problem was the ******** Breaking news article that he felt compelled to publish without confirming with either USF nor BK, REPORTING that he WILL miss the first 4 games of the season when there was more to the story at the time he rushed it out. I don't think he should have sat on the story until the Fall. I do think he should have showed more due diligence than the one hour of "investigating" he did before the initial report.

53 minutes ago, USoFlo said:

OMG. I have the same recurring dream! Except I forgot about a class and it's my last semester and I can't graduate because of it.

47 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

This must be common.  I have that dream all the time.  I'm supposed to graduate and my family is coming to the ceremony.  It is the day before the final, but since I have not been showing up for class, I didn't get the news that the final had been moved up a day and I miss it.  It's crazy real, too.

LOL, there must be some common reason for that kind of dream.  I have the same related dream for the army.  They call me up and tell me I am still on active duty.

I am no shrink but I feel like these were stressful environments that are no longer applicable.  My conscious mind knows it is not important anymore but my subconscious isn't so sure.  Every once in a while it kicks out a dream to double check.

Given how the amount of stress this is causing and impacting to his career I bet Kean will join the forgotten college class dream club someday.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

6 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Coach Strong is that you?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nothing's been confirmed by USF but apparently BK confirmed there was a 4 game suspension, but there's apparently more to the story at this point. My problem was the ******** Breaking news article that he felt compelled to publish without confirming with either USF nor BK, REPORTING that he WILL miss the first 4 games of the season when there was more to the story at the time he rushed it out. I don't think he should have sat on the story until the Fall. I do think he should have showed more due diligence than the one hour of "investigating" he did before the initial report.

From what I can see the only thing missing is the pending appeal part. Right now, TODAY, he is suspended.  

• Upvote 1