• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Reportedly Suspended, Story Disputed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I think the most interesting thing I have learned in this thread is some blogger and former USF grad whose job is to unload trucks at 3:30am (UPS unloader maybe?) is losing sleep over the potential game eligibility of a 2 year backup QB in the AAC.

Wow. That is not good. 

Couple things. Maybe consider taking a break from USF for the rest of the summer. Sleep is important. 3rd shift work is linked to all kinds of health problems so look after yourself. Sports seasons and players come and go so try and keep it all in proper perspective.

The guy is trying to build his career so he doesn't have to unload trucks. This is probably his first big time breaking story and he had a more established media member trying to squash his story and reputation along with it. Seems like a rational frame of mind to me 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The guy is trying to build his career so he doesn't have to unload trucks. This is probably his first big time breaking story and he had a more established media member trying to squash his story and reputation along with it. Seems like a rational frame of mind to me 

Which dude is this? Nathan? The guy picking a fight? I am so lost...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Just so I'm all caught up, who are the multiple sources?

That’s about the only part that interests me, but we’ll never know.  Who would have leaked Kean’s private info to an outside party?  Colby Erskin?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

40 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Chris Torello says Kean is currently suspended, but he hedged his earlier criticism by saying the process is still ongoing. So while it is true at the moment, it might not be true when the season starts.

Joey seems to have accepted it by re-Tweeting Torello's Tweet.

Chris Torello's latest Tweet:

CHRIS TORELLO @TorelloSports 6h6 hours ago

The process is still ongoing.

And the final result is yet to be fully determined.

But those close to Kean say this is going to be put behind him and he will be full-go, as reported this morning.

But the PROCESS is not done yet.

So the process is still going on, with the possible impact ... 4 games, 2 games, 0 games possible suspensions ... being 2 months away .

I'm sorry, this was a ********, way too soon, totally unprofessional bit of "journalism", IMO ..... but great for the offseason on the ole TBP.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I’m not sure that either Joey or TDS come out looking good after all this nonsense. 

Presumed QB1 and whether he plays or not during the first four games of the season is (or at least should be) a huge deal.

Our “beat” reporter reacts via Twitter from a baseball game (I know, he was covering), and our fan blogger seems a little too eager to report as fact something that doesn’t appear to be final. 

#JournoCheck :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, JTrue said:

I don’t agree with part of that. It’s like reporting in baseball someone has an 8 game suspension but he’s appealing it. It might be reduced to 6 games, but it’s 8 right now. That’s a fact no matter how the process plays out.

Actually, my quibble (and that’s really all it is) is that the report from TDS should have been that Kean *could* be suspended for up to four games, not that he *will* be suspended.

Beyond that, they each seemed to have different sources saying different things. At least TDS broke the news that it was an issue for Kean. Don’t recall seeing anything about it from Joey.

55 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Which dude is this? Nathan? The guy picking a fight? I am so lost...

Yes, Nathan. He put out a breaking story and JK tried to squash it with his usual level of laziness. Nathan was doing what a good reporter should do. Got a scoop from multiple trusted sources and reported on it. Joey shot off a couple texts and looked no further into it. Then again I'm surprised he has anybody to text considering his usual level of work. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Days Won:  12

So nothing is final. Again why on earth did Nathan write a "breaking news" story that Kean IS suspended for 4 games? 

4 minutes ago, hm101 said:

So nothing is final. Again why on earth did Nathan write a "breaking news" story that Kean IS suspended for 4 games? 

Because he is unless his appeal comes through. He is currently scheduled to be suspended for 4 games, that's the reality of the current situation. 

• Upvote 3