• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Rays announce new stadium design for Ybor location

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Interesting that they didn't go with something more the flavor of the neighborhood, ala Camden Yards ... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It looks like crap and is a rip-off for the taxpayers

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Every stadium ever built has been a rip off for tax payers. Economic impact on the city has been proven to be ******** time and time again.

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Every stadium ever built has been a rip off for tax payers. Economic impact on the city has been proven to be ******** time and time again.

Exactly ..... Hope they can get it done.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Looks kinda cool but no Ybor flavor 

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  943
  • Days Won:  1

As I read about how it's going to be hard to get public funding for the Rays new stadium a thought occurred to me. Couldn't the Rays do something similar to what USF did to the Sun Dome a few years back, with the refit? They could replace the roof with the modern glass and retro fit a glass wall on one side. Then you could cut out the land development and a lot of concrete structure cost. It would still be expensive, but should be greatly reduced. The Trop has always had that "it's so ugly I love it" effect on me, and would like to see it stick around. I think Ybor City is better, but as a compromise, this maybe an option if egos could get out of the way. What are your guys' thoughts?

24 minutes ago, michibull said:

As I read about how it's going to be hard to get public funding for the Rays new stadium a thought occurred to me. Couldn't the Rays do something similar to what USF did to the Sun Dome a few years back, with the refit? They could replace the roof with the modern glass and retro fit a glass wall on one side. Then you could cut out the land development and a lot of concrete structure cost. It would still be expensive, but should be greatly reduced. The Trop has always had that "it's so ugly I love it" effect on me, and would like to see it stick around. I think Ybor City is better, but as a compromise, this maybe an option if egos could get out of the way. What are your guys' thoughts?

I don't really think there are many that don't go to the games just because of the Trop itself. Location and apathy are in front of the Trop itself as far as the attendance woes go, IMO ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  943
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't really think there are many that don't go to the games just because of the Trop itself. Location and apathy are in front of the Trop itself as far as the attendance woes go, IMO ...

Why is there such an apathy for the Rays? They have one of the best FO's and scouting departments in all of MLB, and as far as owners go, Stu is pretty decent. The Rays are usually competitive and fun to watch. Is it the snow bird effect? I moved to Michigan in 2009, so I've been out of touch with the Rays and their fan base for quite a while, but from 2007-2011 they were awesome!!

1 minute ago, michibull said:

Why is there such an apathy for the Rays? They have one of the best FO's and scouting departments in all of MLB, and as far as owners go, Stu is pretty decent. The Rays are usually competitive and fun to watch. Is it the snow bird effect? I moved to Michigan in 2009, so I've been out of touch with the Rays and their fan base for quite a while, but from 2007-2011 they were awesome!!

Maybe more of an apathy for baseball in general .... which I'm hoping like hell is minor to the location being the main problem if the new stadium gets done .