• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Ultimate 2018 Off Season Question....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

47 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is a worry for me too. I can see all three players playing in this game.

Hopefully that will happen with a large lead. QF is of a different breed for sure but we still have the talent to put up great numbers. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

From Spring I would go Chris, but I am not the coach. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Blake with either Chris or Brett beating him out by game 3.

Chris if we have poor OL

Brett with his arm and accuracy if we have an OL.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

My best guess is BB...  I've watched the spring game a few times and I'm not impressed by either Kean or CO.  I think CO has the legs to make up for some deficiencies he hay have.  BB was beat out at Alabama and the OC who brought him to ASU bolted and Herm basically said he'd be competing for the backup position.  So ASU I don't really see him being "beat out"... He has better tools than the other two and I just get the gut feeling he's the guy.  I actually hope he wins the job.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1) To say BK or CO will win the job because BB hasn't beaten out anyone for a starting job in his career ignores the fact that none of the 3 have.

2) If BK or CO looked like they even had a chance, BB wouldn't be here.

3) BB did get the starting nod for Alabama, once.

4) BB was once as a good a physical prospect as you're going to find anywhere in the country. 

5) Also, if BB was even in the ballpark of his potential, he wouldn't be here either. So there's that.

Here are my reason for going with BB:

a) There's no denying he has all the tools. Size, arm, etc. to lead our offense.

b) Nick Saban once thought he was good enough to lead Alabama. That's got to count for something.

c) His wife is lights out. Seriously. I'm not sure how the analytics crowd would explain this, but nobody with a wife/girlfriend like that rides the bench. 

d) BB can make all the physical throws, I'm choosing to believe he's matured and realizes this is his last stop. Has put in the time and effort to make up for any lost ground. 

e) Even if he crashes spectacularly, we've lost absolutely nothing in taking him on.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Whomever enters Game 1 without a broken foot.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

1) To say BK or CO will win the job because BB hasn't beaten out anyone for a starting job in his career ignores the fact that none of the 3 have.

4) BB was once as a good a physical prospect as you're going to find anywhere in the country. 

5) Also, if BB was even in the ballpark of his potential, he wouldn't be here either. So there's that.

a) There's no denying he has all the tools. Size, arm, etc. to lead our offense.

b) Nick Saban once thought he was good enough to lead Alabama. That's got to count for something.

c) His wife is lights out. Seriously. I'm not sure how the analytics crowd would explain this, but nobody with a wife/girlfriend like that rides the bench. 

d) BB can make all the physical throws, I'm choosing to believe he's matured and realizes this is his last stop. Has put in the time and effort to make up for any lost ground. 

e) Even if he crashes spectacularly, we've lost absolutely nothing in taking him on.

I agree here. He has been in a college film room studying some of the best defenses in country, I don’t think he will struggle picking up what goes on in the AAC. 

And she would lead to a bigger attendance boost than a transit system. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

16 hours ago, JTrue said:

1. BB was in a much different situation than BK and CO. QF was an entrenched starter with success and the experience edge. 

2. Asiantii Woolard. 

3. And lost it the starting gig. 

4. Asiantii Woolard. 

5. Asiantii Woolard. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

The question is can Blake handle the half back dive?   Seriously though, he could not hack it in two places and all of sudden coming here is is going to play like a 5 star. I just dont see it. 

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

23 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

The question is can Blake handle the half back dive?   Seriously though, he could not hack it in two places and all of sudden coming here is is going to play like a 5 star. I just dont see it. 

Saying he couldn't hack it doesn't seem like a fair depiction. I think his transfer from Bama was completely warranted and I think he picked the wrong program to transfer to in Arizona State, which already had a guy it liked and was committed to to a large degree.