• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

TBT: BullsEYE Magazine

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

I can't remember who it was that asked me to do this, but during the slow summer time I was able to dig out the archives of three years of the old BullsEYE mag. Here's the cover of the first promo issue back in April 1999. This was my blood, sweat and tears from 99-2001. I never worked harder or had more fun. Thought some might like the walk down memory lane. Thanks for indulging me. 🙂

IMG_0040.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And here's the very first full issue, featuring incoming freshmen Ian Blackwell, Kevin Verpaele and Greg Walls . . .  Also in this issue was an interview with Chad Barnhart, Q&A with Paul Griffin, evaluation of the 1999 baseball recruiting class and those lost in MLB draft, feature on Georgia transfer QB Mike Usry, feature on John Kiser and the first USF basketball team, interview with first Herd of Thunder band leader Sid Haton.

IMG_0041.jpg

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hi Dave - I was the one who made the request and thanks for doing this. I was a faithful subscriber but unfortunately my issues are lost to time. I can actually remember these covers. Very cool! If you get a chance I think we would all love to see some more covers and may what was covered in the issues (pic of table of contents). As a business historian I can tell you what you have (and what you did) is very valuable to the history of USF athletics and especially football. Also, maybe share how you got this whole thing started and how it ended (I know not a happy memory). I hope you can get the time to share some of this and thanks for the posts!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hi Dave - I was the one who made the request and thanks for doing this. I was a faithful subscriber but unfortunately my issues are lost to time. I can actually remember these covers. Very cool! If you get a chance I think we would all love to see some more covers and may what was covered in the issues (pic of table of contents). As a business historian I can tell you what you have (and what you did) is very valuable to the history of USF athletics and especially football. Also, maybe share how you got this whole thing started and how it ended (I know not a happy memory). I hope you can get the time to share some of this and thanks for the posts!

I'd love to do that and I really appreciate your support during those days and now!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Remember it well and enjoyed them.

Happy Belated Birthday Dave.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, E.T. said:

Remember it well and enjoyed them.

Happy Belated Birthday Dave.

Thanks old buddy!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I can tell you what you have (and what you did) is very valuable to the history of USF athletics and especially football.

Agreed.  Many new to USF wouldn't remember, but Dave's work was the best.  He forever has my respect and we are fortunate he is a member here.  I hope USF will one day recognize his efforts to bring news and information on a fledgling program to fans all over the country.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Agreed.  Many new to USF wouldn't remember, but Dave's work was the best.  He forever has my respect and we are fortunate he is a member here.  I hope USF will one day recognize his efforts to bring news and information on a fledgling program to fans all over the country.  

You all should know that Brad was always a HUGE supporter behind the scenes and I'll never forget that. He's the most dedicated guy to this cause that there is and we all owe him a debt. Others - like me - have come and gone, but he's been relentless in his USF passion. Cheers to you my brother!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Too kind, Dave.  You did the hard work, I just wanted to help.  I've spent the last 25 minutes looking for a PDF I believe I have of one page of one of the issues.  I have paper copies in the archive, too.  Also, @Flowers4Heisman sent some to me.  If I can just find that scanner, I can share...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Great stuff Dave, wish I would have known about it back then.  I was up in ATL and obviously out of the loop

• Upvote 1