• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women’s Basketball Adds Janeta Rozentale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

11 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

She could be 6’6” by her senior year.

Your lips to god's ears!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good get Jose. We need rebounders. 

Good get Jose. We need rebounders. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

Your lips to god's ears!

I have not seen evidence yet that God is a USF fan...but the Devil?...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,465
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

He’s been unable to sell the program to top level US players.  

Compare CJF’s recruiting to Mississippi State’s Vic Schaefer.  MSU was far from a powerhouse destination when Vic took over in 2012. 

The MSU job, when Schaefer took over, while not a powerhouse destination, was still situated to be an easier sell than USF.

So far your efforts to bash CJF center around comparing him to Geno Aurriema and Vic Shaefer. That's like comparing a USF football coach to Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney. You've got to up your game a bit. Point to other programs in a situation similar to USF's that are flourishing, with better results than CJF's.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have not seen evidence yet that God is a USF fan...but the Devil?...

So you're saying we're NOT supposed to be worshipping this golden bull???

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

I'm confused now if recruiting internationally is truly supportive of Title IX.  So if you're an American boy, you can get a college athletic scholarship, but if you're an American girl, screw you, you're not good enough.  How does that have the societal effect Title IX had hoped for?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456

Brad, 

I will say this. Take a look at the end of the Jim Leavitt era, we had a bunch of kids from Miami Edison high school. How does that happen, kids gravitate to things to know, friends. 

Our best Volleyball players ever, Michelle Collier, came here from Brazil, she wasn't breaking new ground, we had 4 or 5 Brazilian players in the years leading up to her. 

Going to Europe for 1 or 2 kids can be tough, but when you get a bunch, word gets around that our program will feel like home to them. 

WBB now has gotten a bunch from Spain and now Latvia. 

Right now we are a top 25 program with all these Euro players, it is crazy to imply we should be doing something different, we need to appreciate what we have. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,465
  • Days Won:  422

59 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Brad, 

I will say this. Take a look at the end of the Jim Leavitt era, we had a bunch of kids from Miami Edison high school. How does that happen, kids gravitate to things to know, friends. 

Our best Volleyball players ever, Michelle Collier, came here from Brazil, she wasn't breaking new ground, we had 4 or 5 Brazilian players in the years leading up to her. 

Going to Europe for 1 or 2 kids can be tough, but when you get a bunch, word gets around that our program will feel like home to them. 

WBB now has gotten a bunch from Spain and now Latvia. 

Right now we are a top 25 program with all these Euro players, it is crazy to imply we should be doing something different, we need to appreciate what we have. 

I have a hunch ... just a hunch, mind you ... that that’s feigned concern on Brad’s part. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm confused now if recruiting internationally is truly supportive of Title IX.  So if you're an American boy, you can get a college athletic scholarship, but if you're an American girl, screw you, you're not good enough.  How does that have the societal effect Title IX had hoped for?

A fair point but it is all about winning. When I ran track at KU in the mid 1980s, the coach Bob Timmons, had a strict policy of not recruiting international runners as he did not want to take scholarship $ from American runners. This philosophy worked well in the 1950s and 60s as KU was a dominant  in track. However, with the world starting to get smaller and other universities recruiting internationally, the KU teams was terrible by 1980s (when I was there). Consequently, he was fired soon after. Your point, though a Title IX issue, is still the same issue. Do you want social change through Title IX or have your alma mater lose significantly more games than they do now in women’s BB? I don’t think USF can produce the best of both worlds. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I have a hunch ... just a hunch, mind you ... that that’s feigned concern on Brad’s part. 

Triple, I knew the post right above mine wasn't too serious, I was actually answering points he made in a previous post, but I should have quoted it. That was my bad.