• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women’s Basketball Adds Janeta Rozentale

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

And we have Rader and Henshaw but they don't usually play at the same time.  So hopefully Rozentale helps out.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

So this might have been asked...

Is it that we recruit better (or easier) internationally or there are better players internationally?  Is the USF brand better overseas than in the U.S.?

At risk of being labeled a hateful, xenophobic SOB, what's the reason for what appears to be an increased reliance on international players?  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

At risk of being labeled a hateful, xenophobic SOB, what's the reason for what appears to be an increased reliance on international players?  

UCONN, ND, and those other blue bloods. I think the pool of players nationally is limited and the really good ones all go to the same schools. So to fill things out we look to Europe. WBB recruiting seems more loop sided than football

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

5 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

UCONN, ND, and those other blue bloods. I think the pool of players nationally is limited and the really good ones all go to the same schools. So to fill things out we look to Europe. WBB recruiting seems more loop sided than football

Bingo! There are a small number of D1 high school seniors every year and the really good ones are scooped up by about six programs not named South Florida.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

So this might have been asked...

Is it that we recruit better (or easier) internationally or there are better players internationally?  Is the USF brand better overseas than in the U.S.?

He’s been unable to sell the program to top level US players.  

Compare CJF’s recruiting to Mississippi State’s Vic Schaefer.  MSU was far from a powerhouse destination when Vic took over in 2012. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Bingo! There are a small number of D1 high school seniors every year and the really good ones are scooped up by about six programs not named South Florida.

And...you’re not going to get to the top with too many Euros.   How did Vic Schaefer down in Starkville, manage to get to the top in just six years at MSU?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

if she's 6'2 today, then she's grown 2 inches since she last played international ball, where she's listed at 183cm (6-flat)

http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u18women/2016/player/Janeta-Rozentale

Pretty good stats, I think, though maybe not world-on-fire stats. Solid get for Jose, she should be a contributor from early on.

She's from a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere, so the cultural transition will undoubtedly be a big one for her, though to be fair, she has played for the capital team and national team. Looking forward to seeing her play this fall.

Born 5 days before the millenium change, makes me feel old! Heck, I've got SOCKS older than she is!!!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

if she's 6'2 today, then she's grown 2 inches since she last played international ball, where she's listed at 183cm (6-flat)

http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u18women/2016/player/Janeta-Rozentale

Pretty good stats, I think, though maybe not world-on-fire stats. Solid get for Jose, she should be a contributor from early on.

She's from a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere, so the cultural transition will undoubtedly be a big one for her, though to be fair, she has played for the capital team and national team. Looking forward to seeing her play this fall.

Born 5 days before the millenium change, makes me feel old! Heck, I've got SOCKS older than she is!!!

Wake up call...we are OLD! This year one of my students told me I taught her father...I excused myself went into the bathroom cried for a minute and then threw up. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

218i29.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

She could be 6’6” by her senior year.

• Haha 2