• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women’s Basketball Adds Janeta Rozentale

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Rozentale_2copy.jpg?width=1024&height=57

TAMPA, JUNE 15, 2018 -- USF women's basketball head coach Jose Fernandez announced today the addition of Latvian forward Janeta Rozentale to the Bulls' 2018 signing class.

Rozentale joins Fernandez's impressive 2018 recruiting class that includes fellow Latvian Luize Septe (Ventspills, Latvia). USF's 2018 signing class now numbers six with 5-10 combo guard Sydni Harvey (Nashville, Tenn.), 5-11 shooting guard Makaela Kestner (Bealton, Va.), and 6-foot wing Irida Tsafara (Athens, Greece) joining Septe, a 5-11 wing, Elisa Pinzan (Murano, Italy), a 5-8 point guard, and Rozentale.

"Rozentale is a versatile forward who can play inside and out," Fernandez said. "She has been very successful at the international level and we look forward to bringing that experience to our program."

A native of Dobeles, Latvia,Rozentale played for the club team TTT Riga Juniores, averaging 12.7 points and 12.5 rebounds per game in 2017-18. With TTT Riga in 2016-17, she stood out as the junior team's best rebounder with 9.1 per game and shot a team best .462 (36-of-78) to make up 9.6 points per game. 

In the summer of 2017, Rozentale saw action with the Latvian Under-19 National Team World Cup, where she averaged 8.9 points and 8.4 rebounds per game. She also saw action with the Latvian Under-18 National Team in the European Championship, where she hit 12.4 points and 10.7 rebounds per game. Three times in U18 European play, she recorded double-doubles and scored in double digits in five of seven games. Her top performance included a 20-point, 18-rebound outing to lead Latvia to an 81-72 victory over Lithuania. 

Rest of article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Yes another board crasher. Go Ladies.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Yes another board crasher. Go Ladies.

Thought I saw somewhere that she was 5'11".  Unless she jumps like Courtney I'm not sure how much she crashes the boards here in the US.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

Don't know how she got out, but she originally signed with Colorado State last fall. They listed her at 6-1.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Thought I saw somewhere that she was 5'11".  Unless she jumps like Courtney I'm not sure how much she crashes the boards here in the US.

The op said she averaged 10.7 rebounds per game. If that's not crashing the boards then I don't know what is.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:
3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

The op said she averaged 10.7 rebounds per game. If that's not crashing the boards then I don't know what is.

BB's point was that was in Euro junior league which doesn't always translate, but hopefully the above picture says it all and she's physical like a beast!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Don't know how she got out, but she originally signed with Colorado State last fall. They listed her at 6-1.

And...here she’s 6-2...It must be the South Florida ☀️ 

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

And...here she’s 6-2...It must be the South Florida ☀️ 

6'1" or 6'2" is better than I had thought.  But she doesn't look beefy no matter the height.  I guess women don't want their weight listed like they do for men.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

6'1" or 6'2" is better than I had thought.  But she doesn't look beefy no matter the height.  I guess women don't want their weight listed like they do for men.

We don't play a "beefy" game. Jose wants to go up and down.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We don't play a "beefy" game. Jose wants to go up and down.

Until we play teams with real bigs, then we need someone to get a rebound.  Tough to run out when you don't get the boards.

• Upvote 2