• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Group A

Egypt and Saudi Arabia are eliminated.

Russia and Uruguay are moving on. Their game next Monday will determine who’s the going as 1 the seed and the 2 seed into the knock out round. If they tie Russia will be the 1 seed based on goal differential.

Group B

Morocco is eliminated. Iran still has a chance to move on even with a loss today, although I think it’s highly unlikely that they will get by both Spain and Portugal.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Group A

Egypt and Saudi Arabia are eliminated.

Russia and Uruguay are moving on. Their game next Monday will determine who’s the going as 1 the seed and the 2 seed into the knock out round. If they tie Russia will be the 1 seed based on goal differential.

Group B

Morocco is eliminated. Iran still has a chance to move on even with a loss today, although I think it’s highly unlikely that they will get by both Spain and Portugal.

Thanks for the update. Iran has to win their next one. 

7 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Thanks for the update. Iran has to win their next one. 

I know some people on here have a passing interest, so I do what I can. Iran vs Portugal will be interesting, but we all know that it’s up to C. Ronaldo.

Tomorrow the fates of Australia (plays Denmark)  and Peru (plays France) may be decide. A loss and for either side and they are eliminated.

But the main attraction tomorrow will be that Argentina vs Croatia game. That game should be good, and will pretty much decide that group. An Argentina loss will make the final game of group play (for group D) pretty dramatic.

Group C

Australia stays alive, but they need a win vs Peru and need to pass Denmark in goal differential. Peru is eliminated.

Group D 

Croatia is on to the phase, and Argentina is in a tough spot. An Iceland win tomorrow would mean Argentina would need to win (vs Nigeria) and Iceland would have to lose, and the goal differential would have to favor Argentina. They’re at -3 right now, so that maybe a bit of a stretch 

Costa Rica has 0 points after 2 games. I think they are eliminated 

5 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Costa Rica has 0 points after 2 games. I think they are eliminated 

Yea, after that Switzerland win there is no way for them to makbe it through. 

That Iceland loss sucked. But it keeps the door ajar for Argentina.

I really wasn’t impressed by the way Brazil played at the beginning of the game. Seems like the bench players were more fluid than the starters. Willian played like crap and Paulinho faded too often. Diego Costa and Roberto Firmino should start. Lastly, they need to talk to, or bench Neymar. I’m pretty sick of him and his acting. He plays like he’s made of paper and complaining too much.

Edited by Roaming Bull

12 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Yea, after that Switzerland win there is no way for them to makbe it through. 

That Iceland loss sucked. But it keeps the door ajar for Argentina.

I really wasn’t impressed by the way Brazil played at the beginning of the game. Seems like the bench players were more fluid than the starters. Willian played like crap and Paulinho faded too often. Diego Costa and Roberto Firmino should start. Lastly, they need to talk to, or bench Neymar. I’m pretty sick of him and his acting. He plays like he’s made of paper and complaining too much.

To me Neymar is the soccer version of James Harden. All the talent in the world, but instead of balling he is more worried about drawing a foul. They can't stop you, go do your thing. 

• Upvote 1

Mexico is guaranteed a spot in the next round. Germany is up next. Will be interesting to see how they respond 

8 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

To me Neymar is the soccer version of James Harden. All the talent in the world, but instead of balling he is more worried about drawing a foul. They can't stop you, go do your thing. 

Yea all that nonsense takes away from the game. They have the skills and should be using them at as close to max level as possible. This is the World Cup any great players never make it or only see 1. If you’re blessed to be from a country that has a decent team you may see 2, perhaps 3. Neymar should be cherishing the moments and trying to shine.

Also, everyone knows he wants to go to Real Madrid, and if he looks like a primaddona he may not get that max contract he’s hoping for. I would think that would be incentive enough to be on your game.

Like the way Ronaldo is balling right now. I used to see him as a floppy poppy type. Right now he is looking like, "I'm better than your team and whatever defense you can dream up. Watch out as I score."