• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball Adds LSU Transfer Kiir

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I hope no one plans on evaluating coach Gregory until at least 2019 and saying NIT minimum this season is absurd.

The two 4-Star players both have to sit per transfer rules in 2018 so they won’t even be on the court until 2019. 

The new freshman, JUCO transfers, guys like Justin Brown and David Collins who had valuable reps last season, plus the transfers that sat last year and are eligible will all be able to contribute this season; but I wouldn’t expect anything tangible yet. Hopefully they can continue the play from late last season and find their game. 

I’m definitely all in on Gregory as a program builder as he has replaced this entire roster in two cycles. That’s nothing short of remarkable. I’m just hoping no fans start calling for his head prematurely because the results aren’t there. Last year was Year -1 IMO and this year is Year 0. Let’s seee what his coaching chops are in 2019. Everything else is gravy.

Not sure he had a lot of choice.  Players left so you had to bring in people.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thing is, this team could win 18 games ...... could win 8. It's a total crap shoot when you've got 1 out of your top 7 scorers returning from a team that went 10-22. One good thing, though, is that it keeps those who need to throw expectations on USF teams pretty much in check ....

Yes, I’ll keep expectations low. At the same time I would love for this team to hover around 500 so there is at least an enjoyment watching them play. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's another building year. Getting 4-stars is a good direction though, especially if some of them have already played together like these guys did at the prep school. Looking forward to seeing a little progress this year, then significant progress in 2019.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I really like what CBG is doing. We have to find success and if bringing in transfers is the way to do it right now, then so be it. I know this guy can’t play until 19-20 but this is a good get. Coach seems like he’s doing everything he can to get this team back to success. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

19 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I really like what CBG is doing. We have to find success and if bringing in transfers is the way to do it right now, then so be it. I know this guy can’t play until 19-20 but this is a good get. Coach seems like he’s doing everything he can to get this team back to success. 

Didn't he get a 5 or 6 year deal just for this reason - total rebuild.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Gregory has had a plan with the way he's recruited and taken transfers. The program is finally showing some positive direction after being adrift at sea during COA. Gregory knows how to win as his tenure at Dayton showed. Two seasons from now basketball will be fun and competitive. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, I’ll keep expectations low. At the same time I would love for this team to hover around 500 so there is at least an enjoyment watching them play. 

I just hope we're no more than 4 points back at the under-4 media timeout in every game. AFter that, let the chips fall...

That would make virtually every game an exciting one to watch.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Didn't he get a 5 or 6 year deal just for this reason - total rebuild.

Yeah for sure, but it’s nice to see a positive direction. I saw very little hope with COA

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

I just hope we're no more than 4 points back at the under-4 media timeout in every game. AFter that, let the chips fall...

That would make virtually every game an exciting one to watch.

Totally agree. Even if we lose close that only means the team needs to learn how to finish and that is a step in the right direction compared to the last five years. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the clock for Gregory, as far as wins and losses go, really starts next year. 

Let's just hope this kid works out as well as our last BB transfer from LSU.