• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sporting News Coach Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Well UCF must be the national champions because they were 13-0. That will add some fuel to the flames.  This year is the our year for the AAC.

30B3D712-89C8-44CB-B50F-E9439AAC9904.jpeg

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

people really love temple. I’m not buying their hype yet. They barely made a bowl last year with 6 wins (although the win against Navy was impressive). I’m just not seeing why they like them over us. Q was a big loss, but it’s not like our QB’s that we have coming in are incompetent. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Just win and they'll shut up.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

people really love temple. I’m not buying their hype yet. They barely made a bowl last year with 6 wins (although the win against Navy was impressive). I’m just not seeing why they like them over us. Q was a big loss, but it’s not like our QB’s that we have coming in are incompetent. 

Temple is sooo overrated. They may win 8 games but are just as likely to win 3. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

On 6/15/2018 at 8:24 PM, Ionbull said:

I will always love xCWT for not only turning around this program’s recruiting, but also the culture. After Skippy things could’ve gotten much worse with the way the conference’s were split up.

I will also say, Tags hasn’t won a chess match against anyone, and not sure if that’ll work against guys like Dabo Swinney, Mark Richt, etc. It may take him a few years to get over that hump, and hopefully FSU fans are OK with that. I’ve heard folks clamor for competing for the conference this season and competing for a natty next season. That’s a mighty huge mountain to climb. 

If anyone can do it he can. The only thing that’s frustrating is wasting 2016. They didn’t have an answer for Temple defensively. 

I was being sarcastic. We went into a nail biter with the self declared National CHAMPS in their stadium. What does that say about our program?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

54 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I was being sarcastic. We went into a nail biter with the self declared National CHAMPS in their stadium. What does that say about our program?

Absolutely nothing.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

College coaching is almost as much about fit and culture as it is X's and O's. Texas couldn't have been much worse of a spot for CCS to land. Part of that is on him in taking the gig, but, from what I can gathered, he was doomed by a racist, old-school, big donor-meddling culture. At USF, he is going to be able to pretty much do what he wants to, the way he wants to. The jury is still out on him as a "great" head coach. He is definitely a great defensive mind. I think this season will tell us a lot about him and his ability to adapt. Will he be willing to make the adjustments necessary to the offense as the season progresses and we build our new post-QF identity? Let's not forget, CWT was quite possible a one-on-one meeting with QF away from being a flame-out here in Tampa. As it is, he made the necessary changes and adjustments and has held 2 of the top 15 coaching jobs in America in the last year. 

As a previous poster stated, CWT is locked in now. There are no more stepping stones; he has arrived at the summit. He now has to dig in and show he belongs or risk the long precipitous fall from grace that comes with rising to the top and failing. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

As a previous poster stated, CWT is locked in now. There are no more stepping stones; he has arrived at the summit. He now has to dig in and show he belongs or risk the long precipitous fall from grace that comes with rising to the top and failing. 

Not much risk involved...while wearing a platinum parachute.

Airborne All the Way!

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Strong is #1, until someone proves that otherwise IMO. 

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Really anxious to see if CCS can have sustained success without a QB named Flowers or Bridgewater.

This year will tell us a lot.