• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

I love the way people are already assuming that if Jurich, or Long even, isn't hired, it's because USF didn't want them. Other fanbases probably have the same types but it's amazing how some in ours get all ******* worked up waaaaay in advance of something that may or may not happen the way they think it's going to. Reminds me of the ******** and moaning over our first 2017 football loss that started right after the SJSU game, with that loss still 2 months away. I will admit that we have perfected the art of premature kvetching ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Jurich imo would be a great hire.

Jurich imo would be a great hire.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Days Won:  19

If Brett is correct, USF got a great one. My top two were Michael Kelly and Rob Higgins. I didn't talk much about Michael because I didn't think he would give up his current job to come back to USF. 

Brett McMurphyVerified account @Brett_McMurphy
FollowingFollowing @Brett_McMurphy
More

Sources: @CFBPlayoff COO Michael Kelly will be USF’s new AD. Kelly, a former USF associate AD (2001-02) & ACC senior associate commish, replaces Mark Harlan, named Utah’s AD last month https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/ 

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, Mike Stuben said:

If Brett is correct, USF got a great one. My top two were Michael Kelly and Rob Higgins. I didn't talk much about Michael because I didn't think he would give up his current job to come back to USF. 

Brett McMurphyVerified account @Brett_McMurphy
FollowingFollowing @Brett_McMurphy
More

Sources: @CFBPlayoff COO Michael Kelly will be USF’s new AD. Kelly, a former USF associate AD (2001-02) & ACC senior associate commish, replaces Mark Harlan, named Utah’s AD last month https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/ 

This is a home run for USF. More upside than Jurich, without the baggage. I can't wait for Bulls fans to get to know Michael, he is an awesome person, with an incredible track record. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I like him better than Long as he is already very connected and familiar with the Bay Area market/business community and was at USF for a short period.   He looks like a fantastic hire on paper.    Hopefully he's able to continue the momentum on the IPF and get it started sooner than later and move the OCS out of feasibility study purgatory.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Great hire on paper. Let him start the job, see how he does, and reserve judgement for at least 1 year. The ACC and CFP connections should hopefully go a long way in helping us schedule marquee OOC games down the road. Welcome back to Bull Nation Michael Kelly! 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Not as good as Jurich but I am on board. If anything his experience in the Tampa area will be essential to fundraising. Glad they stayed local. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

But I want to complain right away!

It will be tolerated during the off-season only. I think a good start would be critiquing what he wears to the initial press conference and then going down the rabbit hole from there. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Not as good as Jurich but I am on board. If anything his experience in the Tampa area will be essential to fundraising. Glad they stayed local. 

I'm assuming you mean not as good as Jurich on paper, because there really is no way to tell right now who would be the better fit. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It will be tolerated during the off-season only. I think a good start would be critiquing what he wears to the initial press conference and then going down the rabbit hole from there. 

I'm assuming you mean not as good as Jurich on paper, because there really is no way to tell right now who would be the better fit. 

Yes on paper since he has no real AD experience. Hope this guy turns out to be a mover and shaker and not just a schedule good games AD.