• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Here is a serious question, how far does he have to fall to want to come back for his senior year. (I know it isn't realistic, but I wonder if there is a certain point where he is offended enough to come back)

Honestly, it would have to be pretty far. The one thing working in our (USF) favor is that he's a RSSo. So, technically, he could come back again next year to improve his stock and still have bargaining power for another year as a senior.

So, theoretically, he could slip to the 2nd or 3rd round (probably not likely), and hold someone hostage for what he deems his value and if they don't give him the money, come back next year for the draft again as a RSJu.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

Saw this coming a mile away

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, cophbulls said:

Saw this coming a mile away

I saw him falling to somewhere around 15-20. I won't say I'm shocked to see him still falling but I did think he would be gone by now. I also didn't think Singer would fall to 18 either so. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

Could happen here, Rays love pitchers and need some strong middle/late relief. 

Kowar is still on the board though....

I'm not saying this to stir up the debate on Shane, but being able to throw strikes is sort of a big deal. Life doesn't get any easier in the pros, so if you're struggling to produce in college, you're going to struggle a hell of a lot more in the pros no matter how much "talent" you have. There are absolutely guys that didn't produce that pro staffs think they can fix, but others, they might pass on for a variety of reasons. They do their homework and if a guy isn't coachable or doesn't have the testicular fortitude, he's going to drop. I don't say that as a knock on Shane, because I don't know anything about him, but more from experience. When I was coaching, I got to know Brad Weitzel well enough as a scout, and he talked to our team a few times and told them a few things... 1) When he's scouting you, his favorite thing was to see you get rocked as a pitcher, struggle, etc. and loved seeing a hitter go 0-4 because it told him what you were made of. 2) He always got to the field early to see a kid come off the bus or walk up before anyone was there to see how you carried yourself when you thought no one was looking. 3) If it was a HS kid, he talked to the teachers to find out if you were an *******. 

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Brad Weitzel

Awesome guy, Love hearing him speak about baseball. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Awesome guy, Love hearing him speak about baseball. 

He's the best. We had him come out and run a practice of ours every year and then later speak to the parents. He hated seeing kids wearing their hats backwards. It was a big time thing with him to see a kid ******* around with their hat like that and goofing off before a game. 

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

being able to throw strikes is sort of a big deal. Life doesn't get any easier in the pros, so if you're struggling to produce in college, you're going to struggle a hell of a lot more in the pros no matter how much "talent" you have.

I agree here. He comes with baggage. 

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

He's the best. We had him come out and run a practice of ours every year and then later speak to the parents. He hated seeing kids wearing their hats backwards. It was a big time thing with him to see a kid ******* around with their hat like that and goofing off before a game. 

Totally agree, I have heard him speak the last couple of years at the FACA clinic. Every potential prospect would benefit from hearing what he has to say. He's pretty **** funny too.