• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On 6/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, chapelbull said:

He's only been here 4 years.   Our baseball team is much more nationally recognized now, and I think both of the coaching hires at football/basketball are credible.  Where are we at fundraising wise?

I'm not losing any sleep, but the problem is this continues to perpetuate the image that we are a stepping stone athletics program.  Come to USF, build your resume, go to greener pastures.  USF starts over again.

Every school except the top tier programs are stepping stones. The monetizing of college sports created this mess.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We got one decent season out of each of those guys and two of the three were a DI transfer and a JUCO. That's not how you build a program. McCullum won 14 games in 04-05 (the year he doubled his win total) with Terrence Leather, Brian Swift and Marlyn Bryant - his top three scorers, all of whom he inherited from Seth Greenberg. How about James Holmes, Solomon Bozeman, Temi Alaka, Dante Curry, Melvin Buckley, Aris Williams, Frane Markusovic, Montavious Waters, Marius Prekevicius, Collin Dennis and the never-ending parade of completely forgettable players he signed? He was a flat-out lousy hire. I can't believe you want to debate that. He showed no signs that he was capable in that job. He was hired by LRS after never finishing higher than third in the Mid-American, went 10-54 in conference and 36 games under .500 overall at USF, and 9-25 last year in his first as head coach at FAMU. 

If by "that job" you mean head coach of Big East member USF, you're absolutely right, he never did show signs. I don't think he was a good enough recruiter for the BE and USF MBB's illustrious tradition didn't help him in that regards at all..... but that's also not the job he was hired for. Made that quite clear in my post. I think he would have been a lot better off had we stayed in CUSA.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

17 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Sorry, I misremembered a thing that most Bulls fans wouldn't have even known ever happened. That we had a second game against UF that they bailed on.

Clearly, it warranted a response with no empathy instead of "Actually, it was not a home and home."

Then followed by a day of **** measuring, despite me never refuting your point (because it's an absolute, we did not have a return game) and also trying to convey your point had no change to the other discussion I was having (also an absolute, they haven't played us on the road).

I'll make sure to never misremember a fact again around you. To the end that I'll probably just drop off your money losing venture of a message board.

Thanks for everything.

NT0I.gif

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

Every school except the top tier programs are stepping stones. The monetizing of college sports created this mess.

Absolutely right on the first part. The second part is revisionist history if you think that just happened recently. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What is his contract? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On 6/4/2018 at 6:13 PM, JTrue said:

Absolutely right on the first part. The second part is revisionist history if you think that just happened recently. 

The monetizing of college football and basketball didn’t happen recently, it grew with ESPN as it made Bowl season into a participation trophy event and created a massive have and have not culture.