• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

If this is true (still just a strong rumor). Here are my thoughts:

1. Good luck to him, wish him the best. Utah is a step up, so a congratulations are in order. 

2. I hate to see people sign a contract then leave right away, but I get that people have to do what is best for themselves. 

3. In the short term, there are lots of good people in Athletics that will keep the department moving forward. No panic about the time until another AD is hired. (and there may be some internal candidates there too who would do an excellent job)

4. In addition to the great internal candidates (Barry Clemens is on top of that list) are former Athletics employees who would be good fits too like Scott Glaser (currently #2 at USF Alumni Association) and Rob Higgins. 

5. This job will draw interest for a talented pool of candidates. USF isn't the best job in the country, but it is still a very good job. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, NYCbull said:

Why? It’s utah smh .. new AD means he’s going to want his own coaches eventually and round and round we go ..

Not necessarily. As long as CCS keeps winning he is fine. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, chapelbull said:

Because it's PAC 12 and I'm sure more $$$$

Every school, even p5’s go through this. I’m not as sad as most are about this. What have we really  accomplished in football, baseball, and basketball? 2 mediocre bowl game wins and 0 championships. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

Every school, even p5’s go through this. I’m not as sad as most are about this. What have we really  accomplished in football, baseball, and basketball? 2 mediocre bowl game wins and 0 championships. 

He's only been here 4 years.   Our baseball team is much more nationally recognized now, and I think both of the coaching hires at football/basketball are credible.  Where are we at fundraising wise?

I'm not losing any sleep, but the problem is this continues to perpetuate the image that we are a stepping stone athletics program.  Come to USF, build your resume, go to greener pastures.  USF starts over again.

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

If this is true (still just a strong rumor). Here are my thoughts:

1. Good luck to him, wish him the best. Utah is a step up, so a congratulations are in order. 

2. I hate to see people sign a contract then leave right away, but I get that people have to do what is best for themselves. 

3. In the short term, there are lots of good people in Athletics that will keep the department moving forward. No panic about the time until another AD is hired. (and there may be some internal candidates there too who would do an excellent job)

4. In addition to the great internal candidates (Barry Clemens is on top of that list) are former Athletics employees who would be good fits too like Scott Glaser (currently #2 at USF Alumni Association) and Rob Higgins. 

5. This job will draw interest for a talented pool of candidates. USF isn't the best job in the country, but it is still a very good job. 

You had me at "Rob Higgins"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I guess now we know why baseball did not apply for a regional...Ol’ Marcus was a bit busy 😂

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess now we know why baseball did not apply for a regional...Ol’ Marcus was a bit busy 😂

Priorities ......