• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your own list of all-time favorite USF athletes (any sport).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

Charlie Bradley

Cuda Patterson

Terrence Leather

Lewis Shepherd

Delbert Alvarado

Ruben Gonzalez

Bruce Hector

Hakim Shahid

Gary Alexander

Quinton Flowers

Leather would be 11 for me. It pained me to leave him off 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Anyone put USF’s first NBA player Curtis Kitchen on their list? Dude was a shot blocking expert.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Just out of curiosity, why Delbert?

He was a big part of those 06-09 teams. Punting, kicking, as a leader. I just always loved the pride he had in the team and his teammates. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

****, you forgot the trainer 😂

Damnit, I knew I was forgetting somebody 😆

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

For anyone on the message board who were early 1970's fans of Brahman Basketbull, I have to say these guys: Doug Aplin, Penny Greene, Phil Shelp, Fred Gibbs, Tommy Davis ( he shot his free throws as a jump shot). the late John Kiser, Bill Lear, Arthur Jones, Bob Frohman,  Ike Robinson, and Leaky Smith. My favorite coach was Coach Bill Gibson. He only coached The Golden Brahmans for one season, 1973-1974 before his untimely death from a heart attack in July of 1974. He was the second USF basketbull coach. He was hired away from the University of Virginia after our first coach, Don Williams, retired. Coach Gibson was named the ACC basketball coach of the year a year or two before arriving in Tampa. He took over the basketball program before we were in a conference and before the Sun Dome existed. We played our home games in the Curtis Hixon Convention Center and the old Tampa armory when pro wrestling was not taking place.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

For anyone on the message board who were early 1970's fans of Brahman Basketbull, I have to say these guys: Doug Aplin, Penny Greene, Phil Shelp, Fred Gibbs, Tommy Davis ( he shot his free throws as a jump shot). the late John Kiser, Bill Lear, Arthur Jones, Bob Frohman,  Ike Robinson, and Leaky Smith. My favorite coach was Coach Bill Gibson. He only coached The Golden Brahmans for one season, 1973-1974 before his untimely death from a heart attack in July of 1974. He was the second USF basketbull coach. He was hired away from the University of Virginia after our first coach, Don Williams, retired. Coach Gibson was named the ACC basketball coach of the year a year or two before arriving in Tampa. He took over the basketball program before we were in a conference and before the Sun Dome existed. We played our home games in the Curtis Hixon Convention Center and the old Tampa armory when pro wrestling was not taking place.

Gibson was a big time coach for USF to acquire. I have often wondered what would have happened to the program if he had lived. It could have been an entirely different history....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

Don't forget our very own Steve Mazza!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1. Terry Lucas
  2. Chucky Atkins
  3. Marquel Blackwell
  4. Dominique Jones
  5. Marshall Smith
  6. Deandrew Rubin
  7. Huey Whittaker