• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

AWOL

Sorry that I have had no contributions here for a while, been on a run of non-sports books

The last four were:

Understanding Trump - I may have mentioned that.  By Newt Gingrich - it was a good read.  Set aside your pre-programmed disgust.  Just telling you like it is.  :)

Then, even more deplorable, I read Ben Shapiro's book, BulliesAgain, a vivid description of what we see today in the acerbic political ideologue environment.

Shifted gears and listened to a book that was $.99, thought it might make sense, it was called How to Lead When You're Not in ChargeSome common sense stuff there, but pretty good for a leadership/self help kind of thing.   Honestly, I was thankful when it was over, even though the last chapter was one of the best.

The reason for the post, is the book I just finished.  I actually got the Kindle book and Audible audiobook on Amazon through their kindle unlimited trial membership for a grand total of two or three bucks, but it was well worth it.  While it got into a lot of detail, I loved the book.  Parts history, leadership and American life, the book was about Circuit City, appropriately titled Good to Great to Gone: The 60-Year Rise and Fall of Circuit CityA very good read/listen.

Hopefully as I peer into my available selections I pick up a sports book.  I did just buy Ahead of the Curve: Inside the Baseball Revolution.  So maybe I'll get to that, depends on what I'm feeling.  

Read on TBP!

On 5/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, Brad said:

Ahead of the Curve: Inside the Baseball Revolution

I saw this one, and thought it looked interesting. I am also reading a non sports book a the moment. After Lincoln: How the North Won the Civil War and Lost the Peace. i have also started working on a sports book called The Performance Cortex: How Neuroscience Is Redefining Athletic Genius. Its pretty good so far looking at tracking the exact moment a hitter decides to swing  ect. 

Sign in to follow this