• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, crambone said:

Shiny!

You a browncoat by any chance?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm still trying to see how the Kanigits' success has benefited USF .... not the AAC, but USF. Can you enlighten us?

Visibility? The USF-UCF game this past season was voted by at least one website to be the game of the year, college or pro, in any sport. The rivalry is beginning to get some attention, and as long as they're doing well, it just puts a bigger spotlight on us for at least that one game we play them each year. Having a good UCF team come to town would draw a greater than average crowd. We'll take whatever we can get when it comes to spotlight and attendance.

5 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Unless we move to P5...or AAC becomes P6 (less likely)

What criteria would the AAC have to meet to become a "Power" conference? Are there any set guidelines for this? I don't see another entire conference being added. Two or four teams maybe, which I believe we have a decent shot of being included in that, along with UCF.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

What criteria would the AAC have to meet to become a "Power" conference? Are there any set guidelines for this? I don't see another entire conference being added. Two or four teams maybe, which I believe we have a decent shot of being included in that, along with UCF.

Basically ESPN would have to start saying it. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

And they won't dare say that for several reasons... $$$$$$    ←   as many of those as one wants to print. It would be the same argument the B12 is using, no added value. A couple games a year, which they already have, is all they want/need from the AAC.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Power conference means you have autonomy to make your own decisions. First and foremost is having an automatic bowl game that are a part of the playoffs...there are five bowls that make up this and each conference gets its champion in one regardless if they make the playoff or not. Second, is tv $. The money the conference gets is what gives them this autonomy. Third, is media perception. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Visibility? The USF-UCF game this past season was voted by at least one website to be the game of the year, college or pro, in any sport. The rivalry is beginning to get some attention, and as long as they're doing well, it just puts a bigger spotlight on us for at least that one game we play them each year. Having a good UCF team come to town would draw a greater than average crowd. We'll take whatever we can get when it comes to spotlight and attendance.

Visibility? We were a notch on the belt of the national champions so I'm not quite ready to put that on the plus side of the ledger just yet.

I will give you the attendance part, though. The only positive with them entering the AAC is that every other year they bring 40K fans over to help our gate ...

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

So, there's no rule anywhere that might say that if a conference were to average a certain TV rating over a given time period, or average a certain attendance, they would gain P6 status? It basically comes down to a TV network deciding to allow us in? I doubt either of those two metrics would ever get us in anyway, but is it written anywhere what exactly it would take?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Visibility? We were a notch on the belt of the national champions so I'm not quite ready to put that on the plus side of the ledger just yet.

I will give you the attendance part, though. The only positive with them entering the AAC is that every other year they bring 40K fans over to help our gate ...

You still havent answered how UCF hurts USF by being in our conference? 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I think you are really stretching things.  I doubt anyone is overly impressed with USF because ucf won a couple NY6 bowl games.  It all sounds nice in theory, but it just doesn't work like that.

i said the BCS games helped keep the AAC above the other G6 schools. In the end, we need to keep ourselves separated from the other G6 conferences.