• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

lol Your point is made. No more rebuttals from me. All I have to say is that I am a football fan first my friend. That is why we are all here period. Wishing away an opponent kind of defeats the purpose of enjoying a "competition".  Thats equivalent to a boxer who is dodging another qualified contender b/c he is scared of losing to him. 

Boxers don’t pick matches their promoters do and they make those selections strictly on what will bring in the most money for them not the collective boxing world. Your I just want what’s most competitive and best for the collective world stance is naive at best and not rooted in any of the realities of the world we actually live in.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

blocking a qualified school b/c you cant handle competition

^^^

Displays one’s fervent desire to miss the entire point.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I grew up a Gator Fan

This explains soooooo much ...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

Bravo, Harlan.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Boxers don’t pick matches their promoters do and they make those selections strictly on what will bring in the most money for them not the collective boxing world. Your I just want what’s most competitive and best for the collective world stance is naive at best and not rooted in any of the realities of the world we actually live in.

Yea, and in the boxing world the fighter that is qualified or the most qualified to fight for the belt gets the match up. B/c people only want to see the most qualified fighters compete. People want to see the best fighters fight each other. That is the biggest money maker. Hate it or not UCF has given the AAC 1 BCS win, an undefeated season and a NY6 bowl victory. If it wasnt 4 them, the AAC might not been the top G6 conference. So Im still trying 2 see how UCF's success hindered USF. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So Im still trying 2 see how UCF's success hindered USF

That's kind of like trying to prove a negative ..... but if you want a clear cut example, go back Black Friday, 2017.

I'm still trying to see how the Kanigits' success has benefited USF .... not the AAC, but USF. Can you enlighten us?

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Not divided just have love for the football team to the school I graduated from and showing more love to USF than you and PUC. Like i said, I love USF's journey. 

****, you must be the only person in the world who graduated from UF yet chears for USF. This is like Superman’s bizzaro world. What’s next? UF students wearing USF gear on their campus? Mercy....I make a slight bow to you.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 5/27/2018 at 3:32 PM, chapelbull said:

I said it before.  Our coaches have a 3-4 year shelf life tops, then they're either moving on to greener ($$$$$) pastures because of our success or getting canned because of our failures.  And it's not just the $$$$, it's the more realistic shot at a National Championship.   

Unless we move to P5...or AAC becomes P6 (less likely)

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 5/27/2018 at 6:04 PM, DELdaBull said:

I didn't quote anyone or name anyone.  Do you feel guilty?

Nope...I'm not sure what guilt feels like, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it.  But seriously, I didn't see any real hating on Taggart, but you clearly did (unless you were kidding).   I'm merely stating you can be critical of his skills or actions without being a hater (and the term "hater" is so stupid & overused, IMO).

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Unless we move to P5...or AAC becomes P6 (less likely)

Not necessarily.  Coaches make moves within those conferences.  WT from Oregon to FSU.  Dan Mullin from Miss. St to UF, but it may be a little less.  Either way, right now we're not a P5 school and I don't see than changing soon.

Edited by chapelbull