• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football: better year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

In your Green N Gold heart, do you foresee a better year or a worse year than last year? I guess the measuring stick is winning the AAC. Making a bowl would be expected --worse would be going to St. Pete, I guess.

I think this staff is trying to change the offense to their style (pocket passer).

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

We shall be Un-Duh-Feet-Ted!!! Then go to a New Years bowl game, finish the 2018 season ranked in the top 10, then crash the playoffs 2019 since our strength of schedule will be strong enough. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

If we don't lose a game because of dumb plays or dumb play calling it will be an improvement.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

4th and 24 was really, really dumb and inexcusable.  11 football players need to make a play.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

I think we win at least 8 games.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

With the o-line being an unknown I think if they go pocket passer they may be forced to make a change sometime this season. They my try to thrust the transfer in, but may need to switch him for Chris or Kean after the few games.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

With the o-line being an unknown I think if they go pocket passer they may be forced to make a change sometime this season. They my try to thrust the transfer in, but may need to switch him for Chris or Kean after the few games.

Oline isn't really that big of an unknown.  We bring back both tackles and a starting guard.  Wiggins is a talented center, raw talent wise he's better than Ruff.  The spot to keep an eye on is left guard, Hall's position.   I get it... injuries in the spring had the oline thin... but it's a talented group and should be better this season. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I’ve come around more to us bringing in the 5 star. I like that it’s going to make the guys here work harder, and I also think that we have the potential to compete with everyone in this conference. It’s tough losing Q but that doesn’t mean we won’t be good. 

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Going to be an interesting season. 

Edited by Rizman

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Oline isn't really that big of an unknown.  We bring back both tackles and a starting guard.  Wiggins is a talented center, raw talent wise he's better than Ruff.  The spot to keep an eye on is left guard, Hall's position.   I get it... injuries in the spring had the oline thin... but it's a talented group and should be better this season. 

I just hope they have time to gel and can give a pocket passer enough time to get the ball out. Also help get the running game going. It’s the key to being successful in offense. If the oline is dominant and the defense is as good as we believe it should be. We are in for a great season. Game day performance will dictate our ceiling this year