• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

College football rivalries... USF/UCF mentioned

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

2. Nobody is cheering UCF on.

Then you weren't paying attention to some of the nonsense that went on in here ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

I believe that before they joined we were firmly against their expansion and that when they joined we had a softer stance. I believe there were few enough members at that time and that we were in good enough standing that if we had truly wanted to blackball then we could have. We became convinced that we were stronger together and certainly weren’t as outwardly hostile to them and I don’t think we tried our hardest to block them. We have continued to bind ourselves to them, making stupid trophies, pitching ourselves as pairs in alignment and our fans cheering on their success as if it’s our own. We used to know where they stood with us and it  was below us and it would appear it was a conscious decision to make them our equal and conference mate.

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

1. A real man wouldn't co-sign blocking another school from joining our conference. That is what a "hater" does. Aren't we mad at teams from the B-12 from blocking us from joining them? I don't think any school should block another school from joining their conference. Let them join and whoop their ass while they are in our conference. 2. Nobody is cheering UCF on. Hell the only reason I would want them to keep winning so that it makes our victories over them even sweeter. In addition, we need our opponents to have success to give us a better strength of schedule b/c in college football you are "voted" in. 

Great I’m sure florida will be lobbying for our inclusion to the SEC, or Miami and FSU will be grandstanding for our inclusion in the ACC. As for UCF being their 12th loss in a perfect 0-12 season is just as sweet at being their first loss of the season. My preference is that their plane marshals itself into a mountain and they fold up the entire program. Their success is our failure and never once a benefit to us. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

What planet are people living on where USF had the kind of sway to block anyone from the Big East or the AAC that was on it's death bed?  Do they remember how lucky we were to even get in the conference?  Do they understand the lack of $$$$ we have in athletics even back in those BE days?   Did they forget the Cabal of basketball schools that basically ran the conference?   Those are some thick ass green and gold glasses that think our athletics/school  are bullying anyone while we were in the BE or while the conference itself was fighting for it's life after the defections.   Where is our leverage?  If we take our ball and go home how much would it have truly hurt the conference in either period?  USF had no leverage to block anyone or put their foot down.  This is all just silly. 

As for comparing why say FSU, UF, etc could do that while USF couldn't?  That's even more silly......   There is no comparison to the clout/Revenue those schools bring to the table compared to us.  They actually have leverage, which is why they can and do use it......  Hell look at the sway they have in our state legislature, that's the perfect comparison.  They wanted to come and take the Lakeland campus and they did, because there wasn't a **** thing we could do about it.....   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I believe that before they joined we were firmly against their expansion and that when they joined we had a softer stance. I believe there were few enough members at that time and that we were in good enough standing that if we had truly wanted to blackball then we could have. We became convinced that we were stronger together and certainly weren’t as outwardly hostile to them and I don’t think we tried our hardest to block them. We have continued to bind ourselves to them, making stupid trophies, pitching ourselves as pairs in alignment and our fans cheering on their success as if it’s our own. We used to know where they stood with us and it  was below us and it would appear it was a conscious decision to make them our equal and conference mate.

But why would we block them? That's some p****y **** man.  Deny them for what? Deny them out of spite/hate? They were qualified to join our conference and once they joined our conference, they did extremely well. Like I said earlier, its cool to hate UCF, but its not cool to be a "hater"

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Once they joined, nothing else mattered. We were at the same level. The AAC was scrambling for survival and I seriously doubt much consideration would have been made for our objections ..... but who knows.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Great I’m sure florida will be lobbying for our inclusion to the SEC, or Miami and FSU will be grandstanding for our inclusion in the ACC. As for UCF being their 12th loss in a perfect 0-12 season is just as sweet at being their first loss of the season. My preference is that their plane marshals itself into a mountain and they fold up the entire program. Their success is our failure and never once a benefit to us. 

And if they want to hate on us joining their conference then let them hate. That doesnt mean its cool for us to hate on another team. 

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

What planet are people living on where USF had the kind of sway to block anyone from the Big East or the AAC that was on it's death bed?  Do they remember how lucky we were to even get in the conference?  Do they understand the lack of $$$$ we have in athletics even back in those BE days?   Did they forget the Cabal of basketball schools that basically ran the conference?   Those are some thick ass green and gold glasses that think our athletics/school  are bullying anyone while we were in the BE or while the conference itself was fighting for it's life after the defections.   Where is our leverage?  If we take our ball and go home how much would it have truly hurt the conference in either period?  USF had no leverage to block anyone or put their foot down.  This is all just silly. 

As for comparing why say FSU, UF, etc could do that while USF couldn't?  That's even more silly......   There is no comparison to the clout/Revenue those schools bring to the table compared to us.  They actually have leverage, which is why they can and do use it......  Hell look at the sway they have in our state legislature, that's the perfect comparison.  They wanted to come and take the Lakeland campus and they did, because there wasn't a **** thing we could do about it.....   

So welcoming them in with open arms was the only answer?

Just now, puc86 said:

So welcoming them in with open arms was the only answer?

No welcoming them to the conference and kicking their ass on the football team is the answer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Like I said earlier, its cool to hate UCF, but its not cool to be a "hater"

I'm going to need a clarification on this ....