• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

College football rivalries... USF/UCF mentioned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t get cockey we have been more successful over time than you chumps. 

The head-to-head matchup history between UCF/USF isn't even close. Again, UCF has the recent lead, but it's done nothing interesting in that time so it's moot. (Unlike in football)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t think you can say they were idiots...looks like they made out pretty nicely. 

I don't know. They've been utterly irrelevant. sPitt in both sports since f**ing the BE.

If they didn't leave, it's a lot more likely we have conference with WVU, UL, and TCU right now as well. They've done pretty well for their new conferences.

Means more money for TV negotiation and likely more relevance for Pitt and Cuse. The former was a Top 25 team fairly regularly in football and top 10 in basketball.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t get cockey we have been more successful over time than you chumps. 

I think it's just a dig on how USF basketball bottomed out, nothing to do with how UCF has been doing. Our whole basketball history has been consistently mediocre outside of May be a few years in the ASUN and our NIT run last year.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

🤢 ucf rivals 🤮 this is what rock bottom feels like. 0-4 and left for dead on the side of the road is where they belonged but instead we thought you know what would be swell? Let’s freaky Friday with them so we can have a rival even if it comes at 💯 cost to us and 💯 benefit to them. Ucf is dreck and associating with them has done nothing for us but drag us down to Dante’s new 10th circle of hell known as the AAC. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

🤢 ucf rivals 🤮 this is what rock bottom feels like. 0-4 and left for dead on the side of the road is where they belonged but instead we thought you know what would be swell? Let’s freaky Friday with them so we can have a rival even if it comes at 💯 cost to us and 💯 benefit to them. Ucf is dreck and associating with them has done nothing for us but drag us down to Dante’s new 10th circle of hell known as the AAC. 

Hate UCF all you want but they have had a lot of successful moments. For a rivalry, both teams need to shine. I am also UF alum/fan and  I enjoyed the rivalry with FSU more when our games actually had an effect National title game. If FSU had success, then so be it. UF won their titles, BCS games too. As for UCF, why be mad at their success? Just be patient and USF will have plenty of moments to shine as well. Its cool to hate UCF, but dont be a "hater" in the process lol

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hate UCF all you want but they have had a lot of successful moments. For a rivalry, both teams need to shine. I am also UF alum/fan and  I enjoyed the rivalry with FSU more when our games actually had an effect National title game. If FSU had success, then so be it. UF won their titles, BCS games too. As for UCF, why be mad at their success? Just be patient and USF will have plenty of moments to shine as well. Its cool to hate UCF, but dont be a "hater" in the process lol

Football is a zero sum game and there is no such thing as mutual success because in order for someone to win someone needs to lose. UCF had no measurable success at all, in any fashion prior to us pulling them up from the gutter where they belonged. You can pretend that this was some how mutually beneficial all you want but there is no evidence that indicates it. CJL had ran them over and left them for dead at 0-4 and when he was wrongfully terminated (as proven in court) we decided to back up to them and instead of running them over again bring them into the car with us, nurse them back to health and then let them shove us out of the car and run us over. We didn’t need a rival it was a want by some amongst us that lacked vision and wanted to force it at any cost. UCF is not good for us, they have never benefited us at all and have only managed to have any success at our expense. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

There’s some truth in there.   Painful, unsettling but now done deal. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

What’s done is done. Time to move on from a different world than 10 years ago...to piss and moan about what once was has no impact on today...by the way I made that same statement when I bought my first flip phone. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

It does have impact on today, but you are correct in what is done, is done!

It just takes a while for some to get over.  

I think the reason people can’t get over it is a) like Brad said we are still negatively being effected by this today and b) people are constantly trying to prove the positive effect this rivalry has on USF by pointing to all the benefits UCF has received from it, maybe if it ever once benefits us it will dampen the sting but at this moment all it has proven itself to be is a horrible mistake on our part.