• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football rivalries... USF/UCF mentioned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not sure how many are still in those BE days (at least one BIG one, though) and think it's lowering ourselves now ......... but what does perplex me is how in the hell do you consider it a Rivalry but show any kind of support for the delusional natty nonsense from over there ..... and spare me the P5-G5 ********. True Rivals would never, in any form, but into that tomfoolery, which leads me to believe we have some fans that don't understand how this whole Rivalry thing is supposed to work.

That's not how that works ..... that's not how any of this works.

ucf doing well actually increases the rivalry in my eyes. I am not a big cheerleader of ucf proclaiming they are champions but I do support that they...and most importantly "any" G5 school...sticking it to the P5 at "any" chance they get. Does this mean that I have to smile when I hear ucf "national champions'? Yes it does, but again not because it is ucf but because they are sticking it to the man. This could have been Tulane, Temple, Marshall, etc. I would not care about the school but about the message to those jerks (ESPN, Alabama, SEC, ACC, etc.) who have created this (in my mind) illegal system while all we can do is just smile and nod.

In terms of the school...ucf...I hate them with a passion and "most" of their fans (a few who come to our board are for the most part decent). I have a dude from my work whose daughter went to ucf and that's all he talks about. It was so nice to throw our preeminent status at him last fall.  The fact that they are on a high right now makes it even sweeter when we bring them down next year (to my point in the first sentence).  

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

ucf doing well actually increases the rivalry in my eyes. I am not a big cheerleader of ucf proclaiming they are champions but I do support that they...and most importantly "any" G5 school...sticking it to the P5 at "any" chance they get. Does this mean that I have to smile when I hear ucf "national champions'? Yes it does, but again not because it is ucf but because they are sticking it to the man. This could have been Tulane, Temple, Marshall, etc. I would not care about the school but about the message to those jerks (ESPN, Alabama, SEC, ACC, etc.) who have created this (in my mind) illegal system while all we can do is just smile and nod.

In terms of the school...ucf...I hate them with a passion and "most" of their fans (a few who come to our board are for the most part decent). I have a dude from my work whose daughter went to ucf and that's all he talks about. It was so nice to throw our preeminent status at him last fall.  The fact that they are on a high right now makes it even sweeter when we bring them down next year (to my point in the first sentence).  

I'm with NEBull to a large degree. The stupid monopoly called the "P5" is a much bigger villain than UCF at this point. I was totally OK with their national championship claim, but they didn't know when to stop and have just turned a valid argument into a silly internet meme. I also have not encountered a more vile internet fandom over the past two decades than the UCF boneheads. Yes, everybody has them. Nobody I've run into has been as maddeningly ridiculous as them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Let it be Ucf , let it be.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

It's no longer a rivalry, UCF owns USF, CJL would never have let this happen 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

8 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

It's no longer a rivalry, UCF owns USF, CJL would never have let this happen 

Owns? 2-2 in the last 4 meetings. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Owns? 2-2 in the last 4 meetings. 

CJL was 4-0, I won't except mediocrity 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

that's cool... 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Fair enough. But, would you accept mediocrity? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

In case anyone forgot

http://www.winsipedia.com/south-florida/vs/ucf

We have more head to head wins. A higher overall win %, a higher bowl win %, as many bowl games & all americans, twice as many weeks ranked in AP top 25, & almost as many draft picks. All despite many fewer games and seasons played. They have a decided lead in conference championships. Nothing else.

That said, they've won 3 of the last 5 that we've been in the same conference and sports is a "what have you done for me lately" genre. They have some reason to gloat.

I'd rather that they had zero reason. Under CJL that was true. Since then it has not been.

Edited by The Great 8
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

One reason CJL stomped their ass is he didn’t feel they were our rival.  They weren’t the level we should strive to be.  He wanted them in the rear view mirror in the pursuit of UF, FSU and Miami. 

Those days of high expectations and bold dreams were fun.  

• Upvote 3