• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Side note, anyone else think BJ should give Canada a try?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Interesting, first time I have heard that suggestion. I think he should consider it. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 hours ago, JTrue said:

Manziel is giving it a go.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, Calibull said:

I loved BJ but a lot of what you're remember is not true.  First he was just as erratic, if not more, passer than Flowers.  His numbers were padded by a ton of bubble screens.  Also he wasn't as fast... I think maybe you think he ran a 4.3 or something.  On his pro day he ran a 4.63 hand time.  That was his fastest 40.  Flowers ran a 4.63 (same time) at combines on the laser... which is always slower than hand time.  B.J. was never faster than Flowers... not sure where you got that from.  He did have a stronger arm... but Flowers is just a better football player than BJ was/is.  Flowers as a QB in general made better decisions than B.J.   I don't think he would have been nearly as productive actually.   

You're remembering a BJ Daniels who played vs. better competition under a horrible coaching staff.  These factors could make anybody's decision making "look" poor.

Also not sure what your point is about their pro- day 40 times as I am comparing theim in college.  If you recall BJ suffered a badly BROKEN ankle (not a sprain, an actual break) which ended his college career and hindered his pro day 40 time. 

The converse of my point is also true. Q would not have had near the career he had if he played in the Big East under Holtz. 

I'm a huge Q fan btw.  He is one of my favorite actual people of all time.  I just think BJ was a monster of an athlete, and probably the best one we've ever had at USF. 

4 hours ago, beastiebull said:

I just think BJ was a monster of an athlete, and probably the best one we've ever had at USF. 

JPP would like a word. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, beastiebull said:

You're remembering a BJ Daniels who played vs. better competition under a horrible coaching staff.  These factors could make anybody's decision making "look" poor.

Also not sure what your point is about their pro- day 40 times as I am comparing theim in college.  If you recall BJ suffered a badly BROKEN ankle (not a sprain, an actual break) which ended his college career and hindered his pro day 40 time. 

The converse of my point is also true. Q would not have had near the career he had if he played in the Big East under Holtz. 

I'm a huge Q fan btw.  He is one of my favorite actual people of all time.  I just think BJ was a monster of an athlete, and probably the best one we've ever had at USF. 

No... I remember his first start when CJL was still coach.  He had a big arm... but no... his 40 when he was with the Seahawks was 4.6.  He's quick but he was never really fast.  I remember BJs entire career... they said he ran a 4.5 in high school... he was a solid 4.6 guy, always was. Coach Taggart never coached Flowers up... he was Taggarts offense.  Also... to be honest, the Big East, while a wealthy conference, was not that much tougher than the American.  They just had a seat at the table, the teams weren't all that much better.  I'd say just look at now the former teams are performing in power conferences.  Basketball.... sure... just better and better competition.  Football... nah. 

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

JPP would like a word. 

JPP is easily the more athletic human

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

JPP would like a word. 

Meh... I agree, but 70% at best.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,251
  • Days Won:  25

BJ was great, but Grothe is my favorite. He is a local Polk County boy and he has our biggest win to date against WV. Personally I think the order terms of best players for USF at qb are 1) QF 2) BJ 3)MG . Now who has the biggest wins in school history.

1)  MG WV

2) BJ FSU

3) Bobby Eveld/BJ Miami

4) BJ NIU

5) MG, QF, BJ all beat  UCF

6) QF TT

7) QF SC

My memory may be a foggy but I believe that is all correct.

So no Marquel Blackwell against Pitt? These youngns

• Upvote 1