• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Wish him well, just don't see him getting anything more than time on the practice squad. He's playing with the best of the best that played at the college level and even some of those players barely get a cup of coffee in the NFL. His chances are slim at sticking around once the practice squad gigs end. He'll still go down as one of the best players in USF history.

Edited by The Sheriff

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

CFL here he comes.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

Wish him well, just don't see him getting anything more than time on the practice squad. He's playing with the best of the best that played at the college level and even some of those players barely get a cup of coffee in the NFL. His chances are slim at sticking around once the practice squad gigs end. He'll still go down as one of the best players in USF history.

Totally agree! I too hope the kid can get on the practice squad and get an opportunity to develop for another year. But yeah, the CFL seems to be a perfect fit. Wide field forward motion allowed, he could do well there. Hope he sticks in the nfl but if he can’t its not the end of the world. Nothing that happens going forward will ever tarnish his GOAT status at USF. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, Calibull said:

I agree if he'd been developed as a back he would have  possibly been drafted.  That decision indeed may have cost him millions... but I know his story and it wasn't catering to his vanity.  It was his mother and his way of dealing with her dying in high school.  Call it a bad decision or something... but not vanity.    He talked about why he wanted to play QB in college... there is an entire segment of USF Football TV show about him where he talks about specifically why he didn't want to change positions.  

"Vanity" is not the right word. It's just what came to mind. Let's not laser beam into one word though. The fact of the matter is, xCWT was the only one willing to cater to Flowers' teenager ideals. There's a reason everyone else wanted him to play another position and a reason why he's doing that (trying) in the NFL now.

Flowers shouldn't have ever been a quarterback. That decision will likely cost him millions.

That's not to undermine anything he did here, he's statistically the GOAT, and put us back on the map. It sucks to me that he's probably not going to get rich from football. I like him so much that I almost wish everyone would've told him "no" coming out of HS, because he'd stand an exponentially higher chance of succeeding now.

Edited by The Great 8

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

"Vanity" is not the right word. It's just what came to mind. Let's not laser beam into one word though. The fact of the matter is, xCWT was the only one willing to cater to Flowers' teenager ideals. There's a reason everyone else wanted him to play another position and a reason why he's doing that (trying) in the NFL now.

Flowers shouldn't have ever been a quarterback. That decision will likely cost him millions.

That's not to undermine anything he did here, he's statistically the GOAT, and put us back on the map. It sucks to me that he's probably not going to get rich from football. I like him so much that I almost wish everyone would've told him "no" coming out of HS, because he'd stand an exponentially higher chance of succeeding now.

That or he would have been 3rd string at Florida (pick any M5 school) and not see the field.  He got what he wanted, set school records here at USF.  I hope he makes it and makes some $$$$.  No guarantee he'd be an NFL player even if he went somewhere else as a RB or slot receiver.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So hard to predict what would have happened if Q played for a different university at a different position. He could have gotten hurt. He could have been unhappy and transferred. So many variables. I know HS kids look to the NFL on day one but I think in the end Q thought QB was his best position and his best chance to make it. Well he IS in the NFL now and it is up to him to make the team. It will be up hill but can’t count the kid out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I think Q has proved people wrong his whole life, and I don't see this opportunity being any different.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469