• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kind of funny, but it's the offseason. I'll move it after a while

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

I think it's fascinating that many round these parts still argue the legitimacy of this.

I was thinking the same thing. A publicity stunt on their part to gain attention, and to get people talking about them...and here we are WAY after the fact doing just that. Chalk this up as another win for them.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I was thinking the same thing. A publicity stunt on their part to gain attention, and to get people talking about them...and here we are WAY after the fact doing just that. Chalk this up as another win for them.

It’s actually their former coach responding to a question.  And us responding to his comment.  I doubt their aim was to generate discussion on The Bulls Pen.  So no, don’t chalk one up to them.  It’s not positive discussion, except for yours and another.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

It’s actually their former coach responding to a question.  And us responding to his comment.  I doubt their aim was to generate discussion on The Bulls Pen.  So no, don’t chalk one up to them.  It’s not positive discussion, except for yours and another.  

Don't underestimate the long arm of influence of The Bulls Pen ..... 

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think they'll take any attention they can get, and of course they weren't aiming for attention specifically from TBP, but they are getting it regardless. The article about Frost may have gotten this thread started, but many of the comments are talking about the legitimacy of their claim. However you want to look at it, us, and many others outside this blog, are talking about UCF (not just Frost). Most find it silly, but some of the comments on the ESPN page are using UCF's 2017 season as an argument for expanding the playoffs. Either way, this has brought attention to their program, and I don't see how this hurts them in any way.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I think they'll take any attention they can get, and of course they weren't aiming for attention specifically from TBP, but they are getting it regardless. The article about Frost may have gotten this thread started, but many of the comments are talking about the legitimacy of their claim. However you want to look at it, us, and many others outside this blog, are talking about UCF (not just Frost). Most find it silly, but some of the comments on the ESPN page are using UCF's 2017 season as an argument for expanding the playoffs. Either way, this has brought attention to their program, and I don't see how this hurts them in any way.

Public Realtions 101. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

Even bad publicity is good publicity?  We'll see.  This is college football not a rap album.  But we'll see what affect this has on the UCF program and the P5.  So far, a lot of laughs and some 👍 from underdogs.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

99.9% of Americans don't know the difference between us and them, so if they get a publicity bump from this, so do we.

For the 0.01% who do know the difference, 99.9% of THEM couldn't care less what titles UCF, or USF, claim. They know the truth.

That leaves the delusional few, the proud, the kanniggits, the 0.01% of the 0.01%.

5 hours ago, charsibb said:

99.9% of Americans don't know the difference between us and them, so if they get a publicity bump from this, so do we

Very good point

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

One thing this whole business does is send a message to the NCAA.  They know the present  playoff system is broken and the UCF stunt does add fuel to that.

Edited by 72bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, 72bull said:

One thing this whole business does is send a message to the NCAA.  They know the present  playoff system is broken and the UCF stunt does add fuel to that.

Unfortunately the NCAA has little to no power here. They don’t want to rock big boys boat as this could cause them to bolt from the NCAA. This would then mean the NCAA would lose millions of dollars as it would impact the basketball tournament.