• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kind of funny, but it's the offseason. I'll move it after a while

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Are you including Colorado St and Vandy in that analysis?  P5 teams will not schedule the better G5 teams on a consistent basis as long as they can bash a seal pup, pay them 1M for a guaranteed win, especially the week before their rivalry games to save players. 

I am, if those two programs moved to the AAC, they would not be the downtrodden programs they are in the SEC and PAC-12. Not saying they would juggernauts, but you cant say they would take a place at the bottom, they would compete year in and year out. 

My point really had nothing to do with how the schedules get made just that the two weren't comparable . At this point P5 teams are trying to schedule each other more so yeah, why schedule a good G5 team when you already have a good conference schedule and another P5 team on there? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

You gotta give it up to Danny White. 4 months later, and this is till being talked about. I'm fairly certain he doesn't believe this, rather, he has designed and implemented this scheme to keep his school in the news cycle.

I think the further out you go from mousetown, the more of a joke it is for UCF.  People out here don't know them, aren't aware of their lovable loser image from their 0-12 seasons.  They're laughed at, mocked.  Most have moved on.  Coach Frost clearly has.  This is like telling a lie, once you tell it, you can't retract it, you have to find ways to support it.  Hence the little UCFers say "at least they're talking about us".  Yes, just like people still talk about Bernie Sanders.

3 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Here are some of those exploding numbers: 770,770 interactions on @UCF_Football in 2018, which is No. 1 among college football accounts; an increase of 1.4 million in social media engagements on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter since the regular season ended; a school record for alumni donations already broken three months before the end of the current fiscal year; and an estimated $171 million in advertising exposure from mid-November to January 31, according to a quantifying report compiled by Joyce Julius & Associates and UCF.

I'd give more credit to the increasingly nationwide story of Shaquem Griffin's success/disability than any fake claim on a title.  That has kept the UCF name in print far longer and for far better reason.  It will drive UCF interest throughout the fall and possibly NFL season, when all others are finished laughing at the little engine that could, almost.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'd give more credit to the increasingly nationwide story of Shaquem Griffin's success/disability than any fake claim on a title.  That has kept the UCF name in print far longer and for far better reason.  It will drive UCF interest throughout the fall and possibly NFL season, when all others are finished laughing at the little engine that could, almost.

This 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I wonder if any of those stories from a legit source about SG, a great story I might add, have him coming from the national champion UCF Knights ...... and saying that without an lol somewhere in the sentence. I'm guessing not.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Absolutely this was genus. The big boys are never going to give legitimacy to the P5. If any P5 runs the table again this season I hope they do the same thing. Better to stick it in their faces than to crap from the supposed elitists of CFB. 

It's highly improbable that the perfect storm that allowed the Kanigits to ridiculously anoint themselves national champions ever happens again ...

It happens every 17 years.

2 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

After reading the post above from foot fan I have to agree Danny White has done a good job capitalizing on this.i have a feeling Mark would be the complete opposite. I think Mark does what the public wants not counter culture like the other guy.

I have a feeling MH handles it differently but still being able to capitalize on it but without looking like the complete clowns they did .... including not throwing bogus bonus money at coaches who bailed on your program.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Brad said:

I think the further out you go from mousetown, the more of a joke it is for UCF.  People out here don't know them, aren't aware of their lovable loser image from their 0-12 seasons.  They're laughed at, mocked.  Most have moved on.  Coach Frost clearly has.  This is like telling a lie, once you tell it, you can't retract it, you have to find ways to support it.  Hence the little UCFers say "at least they're talking about us".  Yes, just like people still talk about Bernie Sanders.

Understood, but people are still uttering the letters "U-C-F" in succession. Regardless of context, this benefits them. This thread alone is probably brining attention to them through some Google algorithm. It's only a matter of time before they get a series with a lowly PAC12 team or a Boise State and lay down a beating 3 time zones away. It won't be a joke forever. I'll caveat that with they have to maintain success, which they have shown they are entirely incapable of, but I would think they're past the point of frying up donuts to put in the W column. We shall see.

On that note, I'm just going to ignore them from here on out in hopes that they just disappear.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, Vinsanity8404 said:

If their schedule was so much better then why did they lose to Auburn when UCF beat them? Were you also the same one saying USF was being cheated out of a respectable ranking? (I'm pretty sure most of us were) If you look at Memphis, they were cheated too. But hey, if you guys choose to have bought out opinions, you're entitled to that. Just know that UCF won it on the field. Bama bought their title.

ucf's schedule was no where near compatible with Bama's or any other P5 conference team.  ucf is the one that bought their fake "national title"