• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kind of funny, but it's the offseason. I'll move it after a while

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 hours ago, Vinsanity8404 said:

Old BCS computer rankings has UCF end of the year #1. As a Bulls fan who isn't letting my dislike for UCF get in the way, I congratulate them on their national title. You guys can pat the P5 guys all you want. The absolute fact is UCF went undefeated while playing a comparable schedule. There is nothing that makes Alabama better other than your personal bias. Only one team won it on the field

Are you sure you don’t mean, “Out of the six old BCS computer rankings, one had UCF ranked #1 at the end of the year.”

Also, if you’re playing the BCS card, the computer composite had them #7 at the end of the regular season, which still would have kept them out of the playoff with no human voters.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think it's fascinating that many round these parts still argue the legitimacy of this.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I think it's fascinating that many round these parts still argue the legitimacy of this.

Even my UCF friends gave up two months ago.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You gotta give it up to Danny White. 4 months later, and this is till being talked about. I'm fairly certain he doesn't believe this, rather, he has designed and implemented this scheme to keep his school in the news cycle. Pretty well done.

We'll see how that banner in the stadium works out for them though.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

People are still talking, and buying tickets, T shirts. Danny did his job in my opinion. 

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180504/gene-frenette-ucf-must-capitalize-on-football-perfection-national-exposure

Here are some of those exploding numbers: 770,770 interactions on @UCF_Football in 2018, which is No. 1 among college football accounts; an increase of 1.4 million in social media engagements on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter since the regular season ended; a school record for alumni donations already broken three months before the end of the current fiscal year; and an estimated $171 million in advertising exposure from mid-November to January 31, according to a quantifying report compiled by Joyce Julius & Associates and UCF.

Now, they need to have a great 2018, or it is all lost.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

After reading the post above from foot fan I have to agree Danny White has done a good job capitalizing on this.i have a feeling Mark would be the complete opposite. I think Mark does what the public wants not counter culture like the other guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Are you including Colorado St and Vandy in that analysis?  P5 teams will not schedule the better G5 teams on a consistent basis as long as they can bash a seal pup, pay them 1M for a guaranteed win, especially the week before their rivalry games to save players. 

And this is the problem for many of us. We will not get the schedule we need to EVER have a chance. Hell even going to an eight team playoff will not be enough unless there is a guaranteed G5 and I can’t see what the P5 would want to that anyway. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

You gotta give it up to Danny White. 4 months later, and this is till being talked about. I'm fairly certain he doesn't believe this, rather, he has designed and implemented this scheme to keep his school in the news cycle. Pretty well done.

We'll see how that banner in the stadium works out for them though.

Absolutely this was genus. The big boys are never going to give legitimacy to the P5. If any P5 runs the table again this season I hope they do the same thing. Better to stick it in their faces than to crap from the supposed elitists of CFB. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And this is the problem for many of us. We will not get the schedule we need to EVER have a chance. Hell even going to an eight team playoff will not be enough unless there is a guaranteed G5 and I can’t see what the P5 would want to that anyway. 

And we’ve NEVER been the #1 G5.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

51 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And we’ve NEVER been the #1 G5.

Until this year big guy. 😀