• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

47 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

He is married with children. He is married to Pro Surfer Maddie Peterson, just had child number one.

He is making the whistle stop tour to any school  in Fla  ( in my opinion) that will give him a look.

If he's looking for surf to please the Mrs, maybe should do what Milton should have done--play for Hawaii.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

A lot of transfer got their feelings hurt whwn they came to UF. Id rather stick with who we have, but whatever. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, JTrue said:

Low risk, high reward. Worst case scenario, you get a solid backup arm and it's only a two year commitment. 

Exactly 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I thought we were a running team... As in, we don't need no more QBs: Just hand it off, man!    :whistle:

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I'd be pissed if I found out that CCS, or any USF coach, didn't look at every athlete that is at least ≥ what's here now.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think you guys are making too much of this.  A highly rated QB wants to visit us, you let him.  It doesn't mean that a scholarship will be offered and certainly it doesn't mean that he wouldn't have to compete like everyone else.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Don't know man, I thought that most saw the drop off being Grand Canyon-esque.

I saw a bit of a ground swell about how Kean and Oladokun are "much better passers" and how the offense will "be better because they fit the system better" (which i believe is naive at best).   This isn't a move you make if that's the case.....  Bringing this kid in would split the reps 3 ways instead of 2 and Kean and Oladokun need all the reps they can get because they will be first year starters.   The fact that this kid is on campus means the coaches aren't confident one of those two is their guy because entering this kid into the QB derby would probably guarantees the guy who loses the QB derby this fall transfers out (between Kean and Oladokun).    

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

But this guy hasn’t “cut it” anywhere has he?  Maybe being a former “5 star”, I say that mockingly is supposed to motivate Kean and Oladokun. He couldn’t get the QB job at ASU?   That’s a story of its own. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

But this guy hasn’t “cut it” anywhere has he?  Maybe being a former “5 star”, I say that mockingly is supposed to motivate Kean and Oladokun. He couldn’t get the QB job at ASU?   That’s a story of its own. 

Three questions, not necessarily for Brad

Is this the guy who started for a half at Bama and then was pulled for Hurts?

Is the only reason we think he is talented because of his high school scouting report and the fact that he went to Bama?

Is it possible that he peaked at 18.

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The fact that this kid is on campus means the coaches aren't confident one of those two is their guy because entering this kid into the QB derby would probably guarantees the guy who loses the QB derby this fall transfers out (between Kean and Oladokun).    

Between Kean, Oladokun and Barnett ..... which means you may lose 2 out of those 3. Barnett's not going somewhere to back up. I just don't think he's going to end up here but if he does, may be more of a distraction than anything ...... but would be awesome as TBP fodder.

• Upvote 1