• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Yet, as you said, our success last year with that Pro Style was because of the dual threat QB.

Chris O. is a good runner and apparently Barnett can run too.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

We are 0-2 on transfer QBs coming to USF, winning the starting job or balling out. I think there might be a third QB transfer from a P5 school from the Grothe era that didn't work out over here either. So the numbers works against him. I'm personally like whatever at this move. I think Charlie's reasoning is that he does not want to play either freshman quarterback this year and we were two injuries away from starting a true freshman at QB. Now we have three experienced QBs for this year. We also forget that QF  was so elusive, that he never got injured b/c he can avoid hits. Our current crop of QBs won't be as elusive, so there might be an injury or two this year. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We are 0-2 on transfer QBs coming to USF, winning the starting job or balling out. I think there might be a third QB transfer from a P5 school from the Grothe era that didn't work out over here either. So the numbers works against him. I'm personally like whatever at this move. I think Charlie's reasoning is that he does not want to play either freshman quarterback this year and we were two injuries away from starting a true freshman at QB. Now we have three experienced QBs for this year. We also forget that QF  was so elusive, that he never got injured b/c he can avoid hits. Our current crop of QBs won't be as elusive, so there might be an injury or two this year. 

Agreed...unfortunately we are probably due for a QB injury as BJ was the last significant one and that has been awhile. At the same time, don’t sell these QBs short. Although Barnett looks a bit thin, all three have wheels and the other two have some toughness. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I wouldn't discount Barnett's height as an advantage. Finally, we may have a QB that can see and attack the middle of the field. Interesting to see how this pans out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I am going old school on you, but Chad Barnhardt worked out nicely for us.  Completely different circumstances however...

Edited by Bulls Are We
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

I am going old school on you, but Chad Barnhardt worked out nicely for us.  Completely different circumstances however...

I looked him up ha ha! Nice one. But yea, different situation. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

It is in reverse but Grant Gregory and Mike White worked out well for others. 

Personally I like the depth it gives us. Some were complaining previously that once a starter was selected, the other party would probably transfer out leaving us only two true freshman as Scholarship QBs. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This kid has all of the Woulard red flags coming in.  As I said previously I don't like this move and think this doesn't work out for us and if mismanaged could lead to some issues in the locker room.  I hope this kid comes in, lives up to his potential, and I have to eat a buffet of crow.  The tea leaves tell me i'll continue to suffer from a crow deficiency in my diet when it comes to the QB situation at USF.....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This kid has all of the Woulard red flags coming in.  As I said previously I don't like this move and think this doesn't work out for us and if mismanaged could lead to some issues in the locker room.  I hope this kid comes in, lives up to his potential, and I have to eat a buffet of crow.  The tea leaves tell me i'll continue to suffer from a crow deficiency in my diet when it comes to the QB situation at USF.....

The only way this really doesn't work out is if he causes major issues in the locker room.  If he can't win the job over the two current guys then he moseys along no harm, no foul.  Hopefully he just comes in and competes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I can't imagine this being a good thing for team chemistry, not just among QBs.

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls/status/994036364348928002

Edited by ToroDeFuego