• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Worth a flyer. Transfers rarely amount to their high school projections. I’d imagine two time transfers even less so. Can’t hurt to have another QB on the roster. It will be an uphill climb for him to start this year after missing all spring. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,696
  • Days Won:  2

Let the best man win. Some on here would talk trash about CCS if he (Blake) didnt pick USF. I can hear it now....he cant even get a 2X retread to come to USF. Coach wilo put the best player on the field. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good luck kid. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

23 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Maybe more along the lines of getting his redshirt burned for nothing. I’m not saying it was right for him to transfer at all, but it definitely seems like it was a possibility. If that would have happened, USF could have had arguable the greatest player in school history slip away. 

But the article you reference says he was thinking about it because he wasn't playing right away. So his situation was that he wanted to play as a true freshman. Which always makes me scratch my head. A kid wants to play as a true freshman, so he leaves, so he can then play as a junior somewhere else.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

56 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Imagine saying that about Flowers, who apparently was very close to transferring. 

But he didn't, kind of proves the point

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

But the article you reference says he was thinking about it because he wasn't playing right away. So his situation was that he wanted to play as a true freshman. Which always makes me scratch my head. A kid wants to play as a true freshman, so he leaves, so he can then play as a junior somewhere else.

Oh yeah my bad I see what you mean. For sure though, that doesn’t make sense at all. That would have been complete ignorance. I remember when the article came out that this was the first I had ever heard about him transferring. I don’t know what’s going to play out with the QB battle, I just want us to keep winning at this point. 

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

But he didn't, kind of proves the point

Wasn’t negating it, just a “what if” moment because it would have been frustrating to see him play for another school. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Wasn’t negating it, just a “what if” moment because it would have been frustrating to see him play for another school. 

I took the original point to be if a guy is going to turn tail and leave because of competition, then he probably isn't the right guy to lead us.  QF didn't turn tail, but stuck around and proved his ability and then some.

LOL

9586249B-CA34-4F8B-A056-E9793F30E54E.jpeg

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Oh yeah my bad I see what you mean. For sure though, that doesn’t make sense at all. That would have been complete ignorance. I remember when the article came out that this was the first I had ever heard about him transferring. I don’t know what’s going to play out with the QB battle, I just want us to keep winning at this point. 

I hear you. My thought is...

If we lose Kean, nothing lost. Barnett is the starter for two years, Kean has two years of eligibility. Barnett is the starter for Kean's years.

If we lose Oladokun, Barnett is the starter for two years and we lost Oladokun's last year as a senior. Not great, but I'll take two years of a better guy in the trade off and move to one of the incoming guys, Battle or McCloud.

If Barnett flames out, it's a wash.