• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Three questions, not necessarily for Brad

Is this the guy who started for a half at Bama and then was pulled for Hurts?

Is the only reason we think he is talented because of his high school scouting report and the fact that he went to Bama?

Is it possible that he peaked at 18.

Not him, but you're right about maybe peaking at 18. He was Bama in 2016 and his college career apparently peaked the first game he played in, against USC ... Stats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Between Kean, Oladokun and Barnett ..... which means you may lose 2 out of those 3. Barnett's not going somewhere to back up. I just don't think he's going to end up here but if he does, may be more of a distraction than anything ...... but would be awesome as TBP fodder.

Considering he has only 2 years left to play if he did come here it would be his final stop. If he was here and lost the battle his only option if he wasn't happy would be to give up football.  

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Considering he has only 2 years left to play if he did come here it would be his final stop. If he was here and lost the battle his only option if he wasn't happy would be to give up football.  

I was wondering about that. As a grad transfer, he couldn't do that again for 2019? That changes my thoughts a little if he can't quit again.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I was wondering about that. As a grad transfer, he couldn't do that again for 2019? That changes my thoughts a little if he can't quit again.

I think you only get to transfer once without the penalty as a grad transfer.  I could be completely wrong though.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not him,

I think it was him (at least the person I am thinking of), he just didn't last a half. They started off with three punts with him under center, then they went to Hurts and Barnett threw his TD is garbage time. 

"We got off to a little bit of a shaky start in the first quarter, especially on offense," Saban said. "We scored a lot of points, made a lot of big plays, but still our consistency in execution needs to be much improved. ... My focus with our team right now is what can we do better."

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Definitely has a good arm and nice touch...

20 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I think it was him (at least the person I am thinking of), he just didn't last a half. They started off with three punts with him under center, then they went to Hurts and Barnett threw his TD is garbage time. 

"We got off to a little bit of a shaky start in the first quarter, especially on offense," Saban said. "We scored a lot of points, made a lot of big plays, but still our consistency in execution needs to be much improved. ... My focus with our team right now is what can we do better."

You're right. That's who it was. Had my games mixed up

23 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think you only get to transfer once without the penalty as a grad transfer.  I could be completely wrong though.  

I think you're right. What I saw is that it's looks like it's a one time exception to the sitting out rule.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Between Kean, Oladokun and Barnett ..... which means you may lose 2 out of those 3. Barnett's not going somewhere to back up. I just don't think he's going to end up here but if he does, may be more of a distraction than anything ...... but would be awesome as TBP fodder.

pie.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're right. That's who it was. Had my games mixed up

I can't keep him and Bateman straight. Both left about the same time.