• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Star Grad transfer QB Blake Barnett visiting USF this weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

Second Elite 11 QB to transfer here and Kean has been here for both.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

32 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This kid has all of the Woulard red flags coming in.  As I said previously I don't like this move and think this doesn't work out for us and if mismanaged could lead to some issues in the locker room.  I hope this kid comes in, lives up to his potential, and I have to eat a buffet of crow.  The tea leaves tell me i'll continue to suffer from a crow deficiency in my diet when it comes to the QB situation at USF.....

As long as CCS doesn't break Barnnett's Foot, he'll have a fighting chance.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

23 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

The only way this really doesn't work out is if he causes major issues in the locker room.  If he can't win the job over the two current guys then he moseys along no harm, no foul.  Hopefully he just comes in and competes.

Reps for QB's are a precious commodity and splitting them 3 ways instead of 2 is a big deal.....  He could lose the battle and still take valuable reps away from the guys we have that could stunt their development a bit. 

Also imagine a scenario where Kean or O wins the job, the other transfers out, then Barnett walks away from yet another program.  We are then left with true freshmen as back up QB's.  This is much more likely than those who are swooning over the kid's high school rankings want to admit.   If the coaches make this a 3 way race without making Barnett earn the right for a 3 way race this could cause some big time issues.   Like i said I'm hoping for the best but with the info I have available to me now this is more likely to go sideways before Barnett's light bulb goes off and he lives up to those rankings.....

8 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

As long as CCS doesn't break Barnnett's Foot, he'll have a fighting chance.

I'm about to DM xCWT and see if he has one more USF  foot breaking in him,.  You know, for old times sake.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

On 4/25/2018 at 7:38 PM, Brad said:

He may be looking for more blondes and sunshine.  That’s all.  

Aren't we all....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

15 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Reps for QB's are a precious commodity and splitting them 3 ways instead of 2 is a big deal.....  He could lose the battle and still take valuable reps away from the guys we have that could stunt their development a bit. 

Also imagine a scenario where Kean or O wins the job, the other transfers out, then Barnett walks away from yet another program.  We are then left with true freshmen as back up QB's.  This is much more likely than those who are swooning over the kid's high school rankings want to admit.   If the coaches make this a 3 way race without making Barnett earn the right for a 3 way race this could cause some big time issues.   Like i said I'm hoping for the best but with the info I have available to me now this is more likely to go sideways before Barnett's light bulb goes off and he lives up to those rankings.....

Reps won't split 3 ways unless there is a 3 headed monster and that's a whole 'nother issue (would be one with a 2 headed monster as well).   The rest is a doomsday scenario.  Could happen, but not likely that 2 of the 3 walk away this season and if they do so be it.  We roll with the one left standing and the talented, athletic freshmen in the wings. If Keen and O were that head and shoulders above talented, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Reps won't split 3 ways unless there is a 3 headed monster and that's a whole 'nother issue (would be one with a 2 headed monster as well).   The rest is a doomsday scenario.  Could happen, but not likely that 2 of the 3 walk away this season and if they do so be it.  We roll with the one left standing and the talented, athletic freshmen in the wings. If Keen and O were that head and shoulders above talented, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Reps would definitely be split 3 ways just like they were split 2 ways in the spring.  That's how QB battles work....

Everything else is definitely a plausible scenario if you want to admit it or not.  Losers of QB's transfer all the time, Barnett has shown twice already he will walk away if things don't go his way.   It's easy to see how O and Kean could feel slighted in all of this.  If you're ok with the True freshmen being the back ups that's great, but it's not a good situation to all conventional logic.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

46 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I can't imagine this being a good thing for team chemistry, not just among QBs.

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls/status/994036364348928002

You could say the same thing for bringing in Rodney Adams, MVS, Cronkrite... They were all transfers who were brought in because we thought they'd either be better than the current players at the position or could give them a run for their money. No one was worried about the other WRs feelings or the other RBs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

Talking over the seemingly odd move to bring this kid in with a buddy of mine this morning, he suggested this scenario:

What if the staff already decided it's Oladokun who'll be the starter next fall, but didn't announce it because they knew it would result in Kean's transfer? He's not going to ride out the rest of his time sitting behind an underclassman. The Barnett addition ensures you have a more veteran backup in the wings and don't have to look at Battle or McCloud yet.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Reps would definitely be split 3 ways just like they were split 2 ways in the spring.  That's how QB battles work....

Everything else is definitely a plausible scenario if you want to admit it or not.  Losers of QB's transfer all the time, Barnett has shown twice already he will walk away if things don't go his way.   It's easy to see how O and Kean could feel slighted in all of this.  If you're ok with the True freshmen being the back ups that's great, but it's not a good situation to all conventional logic.....

They're not going to be split forever unless there is a 3 headed monster.  They'll name a starter and the other 2 will take a back seat.  O and Kean couldn't distance themselves from one another.  Win the job.   

Everything is possible.  It's possible the freshmen are the best QBs on our roster.  My only real concern would be character/locker room issues.